[WIP / REL] TES III: Keening - Ch 1: Keening City - Beta

A place to discuss and download Keening: Indie Expansion Series and related mods.

Moderator: Dana Nova Darko

Re: [WIP / REL] TES III: Keening - Ch 1: Keening City - Beta

Postby Dude941 » Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:20 pm

I have one last question, where do I go and who do I talk to to get the starting quest?
Dude941
Associate

Postby Dana Nova Darko » Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:33 pm

Well, you might notice some npcs calleed "Watchers" milling about in many of the towns and cities around Vvardenfell. They will say that they heard about something strange going on in Khuul. In Khuul, there in an NPC named Artemis that will ask for your help. In the process of trying to help her, you should find some shacks just outside of Khuul with 4 NPCs named Lawson.

I'm working on a wiki for keening: http://morrowindmods.wikia.com/wiki/TES ... ion_Series
It's nowhere near done, but it gives you at least a list of the quests and locations so that when you're done, you can look back and see if you actually are "done." Most people won't catch everything on the first run.

Also, there is a brief summary of the quests in the "keening for playtesters" readme that comes with the download.

Also, I found someone posted almost the identical request on reddit (of all places!) about the keening clothiers giving the same error message. If that wasnt you, then that means two people experienced it, and that really confuses me. I'll have to look into it.
Dana Nova Darko
Journeyman

Title: The Architect

Postby neildarkstar » Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:55 pm

Remember that when I was beta testing Keening I got the same error warning about the missing foot part. That's been a part of Clothiers of of Vardenfel since it's initial release. Many people never see the error because the have "AllowYesToAll" enabled, so if they click continue on the masters error, they see no further errors. Though it will show up in their warnings.txt, but many people never have occasion to look at that. Korana's pirate boot has been confusing people for years.
"If you want to make God laugh, tell Him your plans." - Movie "Flypaper"
neildarkstar
Jac's Hero of the Day
Jac's Hero of the Day

Postby Dana Nova Darko » Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:06 pm

The known error for the bootparts is detailed and explained as harmless in the included documentation that comes with the download. A lot of useful information is in the "keening for playtesters" document, including known bugs, secret locations, and walkthrough/ spoilers.
Dana Nova Darko
Journeyman

Title: The Architect

Postby Blandings » Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:22 pm

Hi! Just downloaded the mod and it's pretty amazing so far. I may have hit a bug with the Verstak Legacy quest. I got the quest form Dar, found Verstak's body in Solsthiem and went back to Dar. I gave Dar the love note without actually reading it (didn't realize I had it in my inventory) and my journal had a new entry saying "I gave Jason Verstak's love note to Dar Lawson. She seemed less than impressed."

Dar doesn't ask me to do anything else (tried all the conversation topics) but the quest still remains open. How can I close this quest. I read somewhere that Dar is supposed to ask me to go to Khuul - is there a console command i can enter to add the topic to Dar?

Open quests in my journal bother me. I'd like to close it out. Thanks!
Blandings
Associate

Postby neildarkstar » Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:24 pm

My memory is a bit dim, but I seem to recall that there is, in the tomb with the body, a key that should be on the body, and a second section of dungeon inside the tomb where various baddies lay in wait, and a sword is hidden. I seem to remember the main baddie had an item as well... One of the objects is required to end the quest, but I don't remember which one.

The second section is difficult to locate, there is a trap door on the floor behind an outcropping of rock not far from the body of Verstak. You should have read the note, I suppose, but it really isn't necessary as I recall. Dar won't be sending you to Khuul if you've already done the Solstheim portion, but you are sent to Keening City itself.

Anyway, the solution is:

Return to the tomb in Solstheim, find the trapdoor and enter that dungeon and
1. Kill the main baddie check him carefully for objects (do go prepared, he can be tough)
2. find the sword
3. then return to Dar.

Good Luck!
neildarkstar
Jac's Hero of the Day
Jac's Hero of the Day

Postby Blandings » Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:29 pm

Thanks for the quick response.

Found the trap door and killed all the baddies including one named baddie who is probably the main guy .. but there was no sword on him that was special. There was a ring that Dar took from me when I spoke to her again . but the quest still remains open.

In the tomb, there were two ice blocks that encased skeletons ... when I clicked on the block, it just said I didn't have the tools to to do anything with it. What tools do I need?

Also, can someone give me the console journal command to close the quest?
Blandings
Associate

Postby neildarkstar » Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:43 pm

Yeah, the sword isn't on the baddie, it's hidden in the main cave where you usually meet the baddie. I don't know what command you need to close the quest, you have to set the index of the journal and I don't know the name or number of the right journal entry to set it to. I don't have an install to use at the moment to find it, but if you open the mod in the CS you can go look in the journal and get the name and number you need to go to. Then the command is Journal "questID" ## So if the quest ID is KC_Verstak and the ending index is 40, you would enter "Journal "KC_Verstak" 40" using only the inner set of quotes, of course.
neildarkstar
Jac's Hero of the Day
Jac's Hero of the Day

Postby hashrat » Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:07 pm

Having a few issues with this that I simply cannot resolve.
Watchers and most characters related to this mod are a mess of Exclamation marks !

Uninstalled and reinstalled a few times, sure I followed the guide properly, but it would seem not.

Any ideas what I can do? Bit hard to play when you walk into a room full of them, can't see for the !!! :D

One of the files that "KN_Keening_Clothiers.esp" is dependent on has changed since the last save.
This may result in errors. Saving again will clear this message
but not necessarily fix any errors.
One or more plugins could not find the correct versions of the master files they depend on. Errors may occur during load or game play. Check the "Warnings.txt" file for more information.
Model Load Error: Meshes\KO\KO_LeatherBootsF_dd.nif cannot load file in Meshes\KO\KO_LeatherBootsF_dd.nif.
Will use the default object Marker_Error.NIF.
Model Load Error: Meshes\KO\KO_bluepantsK.nif cannot load file in Meshes\KO\KO_bluepantsK.nif.
Model Load Error: Meshes\SP\Headgear\goggles.NIF cannot load file in Meshes\SP\Headgear\goggles.NIF.
Not able to find Foot part in BC_shoes_common_2.
Model Load Error: Meshes\KO\KO_greengold_gown04.nif cannot load file in Meshes\KO\KO_greengold_gown04.nif.
Not able to find Foot part in BC_shoes_common_1.
Model Load Error: Meshes\KO\KO_darla_dress_02.nif cannot load file in Meshes\KO\KO_darla_dress_02.nif.
Not able to find Foot part in BC_shoes_expensive_03.
Texture "Data Files\textures\louis\jasmine_hair.tga" count 3.
Texture "Data Files\Textures\tad_rock_refl3b.dds" count 3.
Texture "Data Files\textures\louis\jasmine_hairblue.tga" count 3.
Texture "Data Files\Textures\Tx_A_Silver_cuir_duke01.dds" count 3.
Texture "Textures\_land_default.tga" count 3.
Texture "Textures\menu_thick_border_bottom_right_corner.dds" count 2.
hashrat
Associate

Postby neildarkstar » Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:59 pm

Either you've installed those textures incorrectly, or more likely. your archive hasn't been validated. thre are tools that are supposed to do this, but they are often not dependable.

Then open your Morrowind ini file (if you haven't done this before, you can open it with notepad) and look through it until you come to the section dealing with archives. look to see what archives are listed there, and if Keening's aren't or if the id doesn't match enter it by hand in just the same manner as the other archives are entered.

If that is not the issue, then you may have the wrong version of MCA. check to see if your MCA matches the specs. (I think it's 7.0 that's required).
neildarkstar
Jac's Hero of the Day
Jac's Hero of the Day

PreviousNext

Return to Keening: Indie Expansion Series