[REL] Raym's Vampire Rumors 1.2

A place to download and discuss Raym's mods. No adult content please.

[REL] Raym's Vampire Rumors 1.2

Postby Raym » Sat Feb 15, 2014 8:50 am

UPDATE!
Version 1.2 is out.

- Added filters as suggested by Abot
- Corrected a few spelling errors
- Vampires now give informations, too
- You may now offer vampires to drink your blood, with a chance of getting infected

The Elder Scrolls III
MORROWIND
Raym's Vampire Rumors 1.2

Index:

1. Description
2. Installation
3. Playing the Plugin
4. Known Issues
5. Credits and Usage

DESCRIPTION

Ever wanted to play as a vampire, or maybe as a vampire hunter?
Ever felt frustrated that pretty much your only chance to get informations on the whereabouts of vampire lairs was looking on the internet?

This mod attempts to correct this, by giving informations in game about vampire activities. Just ask around and someone may now actually tell you something useful!

INSTALLATION

Just drop the plugin in your "Morrowind/Data Files" directory, check it so the game loads it, and you're done.

PLAYING THE PLUGIN

To try and learn something about possible vampire activity in an area, simply use the vanilla topic "vampires". This is usually unlocked when some NPC cites vampires in his dialogue, usually when talking about latest rumors or little secrets.

Of course, responses will differ based on a number of factors, first of all who you are talking to. Commoners are likely the less realiable; some outlaws in their lairs might know a lot about nearby vampire lairs, but getting them to talk about it instead of attacking you can be tricky, of course. :P

In general, if there's a vampire lair reasonably close to a settlement, people there will comment on it. You might need to ask a bit around before you find someone knowledgeable, though.

In version 1.1, vampires themselves will give you informations about their Clan (or bloodline, if they are rogue vampires living away from the Clan headquarters), even if you're not a vampire yourself.
You'll have to manage to talk to them, anyway: they will *still* try and attack you on sight.

If you can get them to talk, vampires will now also offer you to give blood to them.
If you do, there's a chance you'll get infected with their blood curse (this is mostly for roleplaying, so you may become a vampire without having to punch one in the face first).
Just bear in mind that dealing with vampires is still a dangerous business... though quenching their first means they will be less likely to attack you.

KNOWN ISSUES

No idea how this will work with other dialogue mods: there are too many out there. When in doubt, make this mod load before the others, so its changes will be overwritten in case of a conflict.
Though the worse it could happen is probably just my dialogue lines not showing up (or not as often as they should).

My mod will recognize vampires added by other mods only if they are assigned to the relative vampire clan faction (Aundae, Berne or Quarra); otherwise, vampires added by other mods will not have the added dialogue. Too bad, there's little I can do about this.

CREDITS AND USAGE

Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages (UESP) site, for the wealth of information.

As always, my thanks to the people at Wolflore (http://www.wolflore.net/) for advice, support and generally being awesome.
A special thank to Fable2 and Jac for proofreading my less-than-optimal English. :)

My thanks to Abot, for his help testing the mod and precious advice.

Everyone has my permission to use this mod and modify, integrate, rework it in any way they like.

No need to ask me for permission, but credit would be nice.
Attachments
Raym's Vampire Rumors 1.2.7z
(19.55 KiB) Downloaded 283 times
I don't have a dirty mind. I just have a sexy imagination.
Raym
Lurker Extraordinarie

Re: [REL] Raym's Vampire Rumors

Postby Elaura » Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:25 pm

YAY! It's mine! All mine! well, mine and whoever else downloads it . . .

Thanks, Raym. I've always thought it odd that people in Dagon Fel know instantly if I steal a fork in Seyda Neen, but no one seems to know about the Vampire coven over the next hill. Excellent idea, as always!
Available for weddings, funerals, hand fasting, and baptisms.
Elaura
Chaplain

Title: Mrs.

Postby Raym » Fri Feb 21, 2014 8:39 am

I'm working on a update for this, but I fear I'll need scripting help. I'm not sure how it works coupled with dialogue.

What I'd want to do is add dialogue to vampires, so that you know of what bloodline they are member of (if you can manage to talk to them).
Problem is, only the vampires in clan headquarters are members of the clan faction; the other vampires appearing in the rest of Morrowind are members of the bloodline, but NOT of the faction. This leaves us without an easy way to filter dialogue based on faction membership (damn you, lazy Beth developers!).

So, the only way seems to be a script that detects if the NPC has one of the spell effects for the vampire clans attacked to it. For example, the "Vampire Aundae Specials" ability.
But I'm stuck on how to do this...
Raym
Lurker Extraordinarie

Postby Jac » Fri Feb 21, 2014 2:20 pm

Is there a special greeting for vampires? If so, just make a misc item that can't be looted, like a light, & use if ( GetSpell, "Vampire Aundae Specials" == 1 ) AddItem <light> 1 & use that as your filter. You can also check to make sure that the NPC doesn't already have a light. That way your filter only needs to look for one; otherwise you'll need to look for one or more >= 1.
Jac
The Boss

Location: Somewhere on the left side of insanity, the right side was taken.
Title: Elder Wolf

Postby Raym » Fri Feb 21, 2014 4:03 pm

There's not really a special greeting for vampires, too bad. Clan vampires are filtered that way, the others are filtered by ID. Yeah, I know... pretty lazy work on Beth part, here. :shrug:

I could use the same system... but I'd like a way to detect vampires added by other mods, too.
Raym
Lurker Extraordinarie

Postby Jac » Sat Feb 22, 2014 1:22 pm

The only way to do that is to use MWSE to cycle through all the NPCs in a cell to see which have that spell, Raym. Sorry.
Jac
The Boss

Postby Raym » Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:57 am

Damn Beth lazy ass! :rant:

...guess I'll have to filter like they did, then, by vampire clan membership and IDs of the respawning vampires.
Oh, well. Not that big a problem... it just won't recognize vampires added by mods, unless they are members of one of the vampire clans. :chinscratch:
Raym
Lurker Extraordinarie

Postby Jac » Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:42 pm

Yep. Just make a note of it in your readme, Raym.
Jac
The Boss

Re: [REL] Raym's Vampire Rumors 1.1

Postby Raym » Wed Feb 26, 2014 4:06 pm

Updated version is out! See first post.
Raym
Lurker Extraordinarie

Re: [REL] Raym's Vampire Rumors 1.1

Postby Raym » Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:48 pm

Uploaded a new version (1.2) which corrects an oversight on my part in the new vampire dialogue.
Due to this error, the player would always get infected with the Berne bloodline disease, instead of the one appropriate for the vampire's clan.

The new plugin rectifies the mistake, sorry for the inconvenience!
Raym
Lurker Extraordinarie

Return to Raym's Mods