[WIP] Raym's Big Pile of Clothes for AAA

A place to download and discuss Raym's mods. No adult content please.

[WIP] Raym's Big Pile of Clothes for AAA

Postby Raym » Fri May 08, 2015 12:07 pm

It's ALIVE! :wolf:

I'm at work on it, though it will take a bit of time, most likely.

As I said on the officials, I have mostly one doubt: I'm not sure wether I should use the following mods:
- Dereko loincloths and tops
- Kathryn and Tommy's Victorian Experience
- Lord Alt Tab's boots

Dereko's stuff is unique but I'm afraid it may look outdated by today standards.
As for the other two, I have no idea about permissions. No clue in the readmes and no way to contact the authors. :shrug:
...which is a shame, 'cause Lord Alt Tab's has a few nice woman boots I'd like to use...
I don't have a dirty mind. I just have a sexy imagination.
Raym
Lurker Extraordinarie

Re: [WIP] Raym's Big Pile of Clothes for AAA

Postby Jac » Fri May 08, 2015 12:47 pm

It looks like Tab's boots are okay to use, Raym:

Licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 2.0 Generic License

Good luck. We're all counting on you. :biggrin:
Jac
The Boss

Location: Somewhere on the left side of insanity, the right side was taken.
Title: Elder Wolf

Postby Raym » Fri May 08, 2015 12:50 pm

Ha! Great! :)

The page on MMH didn't mention anything about permissions, thank you!
Raym
Lurker Extraordinarie

Postby Vals_Fan » Fri May 08, 2015 1:59 pm

Oh my, please use the boots lol.

I look forward to this mod, more stuff to wear = better.
Vals_Fan
Associate

Location: Outside looking in, it's so much bigger out here...

Postby Raym » Thu May 14, 2015 6:06 pm

Ok, I'm in need of opinions.
Yep, an Italian asking for help on fashion... the gods will smite me. :biggrin:

Sooo, my biggest concern at the moment is I've decided to rule anything that is blatantly "modern", but there are a number of clothes that thread a fine line: they are pretty modern but may still be fine into Morrowind.
Also, I need opinions on different footwear.

Let's take a look at our lovely models in the picture, from left to right:

BOSMER:
There are quite a few dresses like the one we can see here.
Pretty much contemporary evening dresses, yet I think they *might* be acceptable in the game.
Also, please note the boots: that's a pretty typical style, which makes the foot for high heels footwear pretty small. Looks good, but maybe it's just too small when compared with vanilla shoes.

REDGUARD:
This one of many outfits (others are textured to look like cloth, though); nice, but I have little idea what kind of NPC would make sense wearing them... barring the obvious choice of the three dancers in Suran.
The boots here are actually intended like armor and come in many colors. They would look good, though they do look like they have some kind of "plates".

ALTMER:
Another "evening dress", but this kind is more revealing. They could look good on witches, daedra worshippers and the like... my doubt is as above, i.e., looking too modern.
The boots are by Korana: they are nice, but apart from the same concerns as above regarding size of the foot, this ones are barely textured: the color is "plain", looking too much "bidimensional" in my opinion. Also, I don't know if I should include tights...

IMPERIAL:
A real "vamp" dress, I can't help thinking that vampires would own in one of these! Concerns are as usual, regarding how modern this can look. Especially coupled with tights, as shown here.
The boots are from LordAltTab and I think they are the ones that look more "natural", being a more reasonable size. Not a great variety in colors, though...

BRETON:
Silk wraps by Korana. Very nice, but I'm not sure what I could do of them: they look too expensive to give to slaves. Maybe I could include them and just put them for sale, without using them on NPCs.
Sandals are by Slof and I just added them because they look good on the outfit. :P

NORD:
Another dress, but I think this kind blends into the game better than the ones above.
The boots are a different approach, as you can see: much bigger and closer to the real size of the NPC feet; also, they have heels but not high stiletto heels. However, they look pretty heavy and not that stylish with the outfits.

DUNMER:
There's a number of short dresses like this one. I'm not sure wheter they could fit into the game or not; also, they show a lot of the leg, which is, again, something I'm not sure is fine in a medieval fantasy world.

Aaand that's it.
Let me know what you think about this, I have to make a few decisions!

Image1.JPG
Our lovely models <3
Last edited by Jac on Thu May 14, 2015 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: If you don't start putting your pictures inline, Raym, I'm going to beat you with a wet noodle. :P
Raym
Lurker Extraordinarie

Postby Elaura » Thu May 14, 2015 7:33 pm

Well, I would use them all in my game and here's why:

Morrowind is a sort of melting pot. You run into people from all over the world who have somehow ended up on the same island. Some may have come from Imperial courts and others directly from their native realms and they would have brought their fashions with them.

The gold outfit may seem odd in Morrowind, but in my mind's eye, it is just the thing Redguards might wear "back home" and I can see them strutting around Vivec in such outfits. Once I came to accept the court gowns and oriental fashions modders introduced, I accepted the cultures of Nirn are undoubtedly as varied as those here on Earth. Places like Vivec should be showcases of all of those cultures.

I realize you are trying to make sense of the styles and what would go with which race/occupation, but keep in mind nobles are often queer ducks and would wear whatever they wanted. Noble vampires, even more so. I think scouts would wear versions of what they would wear in their own lands and thieves, smugglers, and ranger-types would wear the loosest cuts and quietest fabrics in styles to which they are accustomed.

In other words, I'd use them all, but please don't feel like you have to justify your choices to me. :D I'm just thrilled you're doing it!
Available for weddings, funerals, hand fasting, and baptisms.
Elaura
Chaplain

Title: Mrs.

Postby Jac » Thu May 14, 2015 10:44 pm

I think the gold is a bit much, but I like the other ones. :goodjob:
Jac
The Boss

Location: Somewhere on the left side of insanity, the right side was taken.
Title: Elder Wolf

Postby Elaura » Thu May 14, 2015 11:03 pm

Time does not travel linearly in Jac's world. :toetap:
Available for weddings, funerals, hand fasting, and baptisms.
Elaura
Chaplain

Title: Mrs.

Postby Raym » Fri May 15, 2015 6:20 am

:lol:

Thanks, I'll go into some more detail to help you understand how I'm doing this...

The lists I made are not based on race, but more loosely on a "culture" concept: that is, I have clothes for Ashlanders, the 3 Great Houses, Imperial style, etc.
I did this for a double reason: doing it by race would mean more work (and I probably wouldn't have the clothes to fill all that lists, anyway: unless I missed mods with "redguard clothes", "nord clothes", "breton clothes", etc.); and more importantly, in Morrowind the NPC's race isn't that reliable a marker of their "culture" (that is, we have Imperial Dunmers, outlanders in the Great Houses, etc.).

So, instead, I have prepared the following lists:
Ashlanders: both generic (for outcasts etc) and the four tribes (this one is completed. Though I don't have enough clothes for each and I ended up adding them to all the tribes)
The 3 Great Houses
Imperial Cult
Tribunal Temple
Monks
Mages: essentially for the Mages Guild
Sorcerers: all spellcaster not members of one of the factions (moslty for witches, warlocks, daedra worshippers, necromancers, etc.)
Vampires
Generic list: mostly for people wearing the "standard" Morrowind stuff: Dunmers, mostly.
Imperial list: Imperial style clothes.
Slaves: for fort prisoners, too.
Nord: Solstheim and Nord NPCs. Ok, I lied, there is ONE race that has its own list. :P
Oh, and of course the list are divided into the usual qualities: Common, Expensive, Extravagant, Exquisite.

I'm thinking of putting the more "historical" coats and gowns into the Imperial list.
Goth stuff will go into Vampire list (of course :P).
The more "daring" outfits (or less modest, if you want :P) will be used for the Sorcerers, Vampires and higher quality lists.
For the Imperial Cult I'll use Illy's stuff, with a few addons here and there; there's not many NPCs in the Cult, so a small number of clothes will suffice.
Hlaalu will have a bit of Imperial stuff, while Telvanni will go toward the magicky. Not sure about Redoran... maybe something practical for the Ashlands?
Monks have a few good sets of outfits that look excellent for travelling, I think I'll use those.

What I'm in not sure about is the Temple.
There's a few oriental (Akaviri) outfits that could be used for them... do you think they'll fit the Temple concept?

As for the evening dresses, tights and the like, I think I'll reserve them for Extravagant and Exquisite lists. Rich people can get away with eccentricities. :P

Also, there are lists for items sold by clothiers; so I could eventually include clothes not worn by any NPC but that are there to be bought by the player.

About footwear: what do you think of those boots?
I've a feeling I should take a stance and opt for one style or the other, here.
Though I could rationalize the different styles using them to represent different qualities... with high heeled stuff used only for Extravagant shoes or above.
Raym
Lurker Extraordinarie

Postby Raym » Fri May 15, 2015 12:17 pm

Another question: what do you think of High Heel Footwear v2.0?
http://mw.modhistory.com/download-18-10147

Those shoes pretty much shout "moooodeeeern!" in my hears, but there's no denying that they do look gorgeous...

And also: :P
In most cases, I have more female clothes than male clothes.
Since I want to "pack" them so that each outfit works both for males and females, what should I do? Don't include the female outfit in excess? Or include them, and duplicate some of the male's ones?
Raym
Lurker Extraordinarie

Next

Return to Raym's Mods