[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4695: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4697: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4698: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4699: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Wolflore » View topic - Pp's Heroic Ubanga Adventure

Pp's Heroic Ubanga Adventure

Oblivion and Oblivion mod discussion. No adult content, please.

Re: Pp's Heroic Ubanga Adventure

Postby PiNK PiPER » Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:18 pm

I took these pics before I left. I am only in the city until Thursday so I don't know if I'll have another chance to update this thread.

Incredible discovery... So if you look at the 2nd map you start this mod at the upper left city named Maranta. You will see it by the big circle. The big circles are big cities and by big I mean FREAKIN HUGE! You can get lost and walk in circles. The smaller circles on the map are small towns and settlements.

I have walked from Maranta all the way south east to a beautiful city named Tochea. Then I got a quest to deliver a sword to someone in another city straight west called Calamantali. This trek took the whole evening (real time) and it was the most brilliant time I have spent playing Oblivion. You walk through a desert and all of a sudden a sand storm appears and your screen turns yellow and you can't see!!!! OMbloodyG it was so cool. When you cross the desert you arrive at the base of a stretch of mountains. This hike through the mountains is so realistic it made me cry myself to bed because I knew I wouldn't be able to play the next few weeks. You end up on the other side of the mountain range in a small town in a cove surrounded by mountains. It is beautiful.

What makes this mod so good is that every city has a completely different geography so far and the best visuals come in the twilit. Hope you enjoy these as I certainly enjoyed taking them. :wave:

Eee this took longer than I thought, I wanted to make and post a few gifs showing what the sand storms look like but those will have to wait.
PiNK PiPER

Postby PiNK PiPER » Wed Jul 31, 2013 3:21 pm

Exploring the Bandit Province of Fasari. The place is beautiful and the quest that brings you there is more tricky than difficult to accomplish. Still the views are beautiful. Popped in a different sun mod that adds sun glare into the game and I think it works well here.

Sunsets in Fasari

And my favourite for last

and a gif of the sandstorm.
Desert-Storm-gif.gif
PiNK PiPER

Postby neildarkstar » Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:02 pm

Those are amazing!
"If you want to make God laugh, tell Him your plans." - Movie "Flypaper"
neildarkstar
Jac's Hero of the Day
Jac's Hero of the Day

Postby PiNK PiPER » Fri Aug 02, 2013 5:11 pm

PiNK PiPER

Postby PiNK PiPER » Sun Aug 04, 2013 2:23 pm

I have finally found the way to the Lathia Isles (see map on first post) If you ever play this mod make sure that you choose the guide instead of the boat when you are given the choice because the walk through the last island is beautiful.

Ubanga-Waves.gif
A better gif showing the waves along the shoreline
PiNK PiPER

Postby neildarkstar » Sun Aug 04, 2013 3:36 pm

Nice... The gif is great! Makes me wonder how the waves were made. Does the water level actually raise with the waves if you walk into the surf or is it visual only?
neildarkstar
Jac's Hero of the Day
Jac's Hero of the Day

Postby PiNK PiPER » Sun Aug 04, 2013 6:04 pm

PiNK PiPER

Postby PiNK PiPER » Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:08 pm

Oh wow... you were right neil. I found a good angle so you can get an idea how it is done.

Waves-on-shoreline.gif
PiNK PiPER

Postby neildarkstar » Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:35 pm

It looks like a mesh overlay or something like that... Interesting!
neildarkstar
Jac's Hero of the Day
Jac's Hero of the Day

Previous

Return to Oblivion