Pp's Heroic Ubanga Adventure

Oblivion and Oblivion mod discussion. No adult content, please.

Pp's Heroic Ubanga Adventure

Postby PiNK PiPER » Mon May 06, 2013 3:23 pm

I have successfully installed this new lands mod called Ubanga ALAnonimUBANGA_0_98_2_Beta_EN_PL by ALAnonim http://oblivion.nexusmods.com/mods/42121/? and I will document the exploration of this new land exclusively here at Wolflore. I can't say that it will be as well written as Adul's epic fanfare stories (I can tell you it won't be XD) but I will post pictures and write small comments. I won't give away any major spoilers. There is no fast travel in this mod and the new land is supposed to be huge. (1gb+ of compressed data 1,048,783kb size) I have been waiting a little while for this update. There is around 20 quests and the scenery from what I have seen is absolutely stunning.

Feel welcome to comment often :orcsword: Maps - Click a few times to enlarge.

PiNK PiPER

Re: Pp's Heroic Ubanga Adventure

Postby PiNK PiPER » Tue May 14, 2013 9:24 pm

:crying: Unfortunately this thread is finished before it even started. I have been waiting a long time to play this however after three attempts I have succumbed to the realization that it was not meant to be. It does install correctly but the loading screen gets all screwy and the lod on the mountains turn into colours. I am not sure if this is on purpose as I have seen it with other mods but it just looked terrible. Maybe sometime in the future I'll try again but I think this mod has to be played in large texture and I play in medium. Here are the few pics I took :shrug:

PiNK PiPER

Postby Jac » Tue May 14, 2013 9:38 pm

That's a shame because those are some lovely pics.

:whispering: You really should share Vilja's face and hair if you can; I was never impressed with Emma's version of them for Oblivion, but she did a great job with the Skyrim version. :biggrin:
Jac
The Boss

Location: Somewhere on the left side of insanity, the right side was taken.
Title: Elder Wolf

Postby PiNK PiPER » Tue May 14, 2013 11:58 pm

Jac wrote:That's a shame because those are some lovely pics.

:whispering: You really should share Vilja's face and hair if you can; I was never impressed with Emma's version of them for Oblivion, but she did a great job with the Skyrim version. :biggrin:

Ya I'm really bummed about it too. I may try again in a few months. I am going to try another big mod.

I love to share <3 Apachii Wigs for Males and Females by Apachii http://oblivion.nexusmods.com/mods/40774/? Emma knows about this mod. In fact it is how we met. A couple of years back a man named Ken and I posted similar pictures of Vilja and we began to make fun of each others Vilja comics and Emma found it funny and she started to comment too and well the rest is history. She asked Apachii for permission to use it for Skyrim Vilja. The face is untouched. The high resolution of the wig makes her face look better.
PiNK PiPER

Postby Jac » Wed May 15, 2013 12:18 am

PiNK PiPER wrote:The face is untouched. The high resolution of the wig makes her face look better.

Really? Huh. Good to know. Thanks. :biggrin:
Jac
The Boss

Postby Spirited Treasure » Sun May 19, 2013 2:34 pm

Jac wrote:That's a shame because those are some lovely pics.

I have that hair Jac -s- Conformulated too. Colorable.
I made the face match with F'Inev's Imperial ones too. -s-
I am but a fragment cast apart from the whole.
A bit of flotsam to cling to in the storm.

I am a fly in the ointment, I am a whisper in the shadows.
I am also an old old woman. More than that you need not know.

Step carefully. No path is darker than when your eyes are shut.
-Flemeth, Asha'Bellanar, Witch of the Wilds
Spirited Treasure
Defender

Title: Free Spirit

Postby PiNK PiPER » Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:58 pm

WOOOHOOO :ninja: My heroic adventure is back on. Now that I can play in large textures I have reinstalled it and played a little this afternoon. It looks amazing. Now I just need to buy a new monitor to view it in 1920x1080

PiNK PiPER

Postby PiNK PiPER » Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:30 am

I am blown away by this place. It is absolutely stunning. These are some of the best pics I have ever taken.

CLICK TO ENLARGE

One very cool thing is that there are waves all along the shores. This isn't the best gif but it will give you some idea what it looks like.

PiNK PiPER

Postby Jac » Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:51 am

Those do look good, PP. If it weren't for the Mr. Potato Head NPCs, I'd try Oblivion again.
Jac
The Boss

Postby PiNK PiPER » Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:16 pm

Jac wrote:Those do look good, PP. If it weren't for the Mr. Potato Head NPCs, I'd try Oblivion again.

There is no question the heads in Oblivion look terrible but I think I am going to use a mod that switches every NPC in the game to that of MBP++ at that should solve the problem. That of course means removing Plom's race overhaul which is a pain because I just dropped the files in... we'll have to see.

This mod is absolutely incredible. It is huge and every town looks completely different. Right now I am doing a quest and I am completely lost. There is no fast travel and NPC's can lie to you... hehehe. The landscape is just so beautiful.

PiNK PiPER

Next

Return to Oblivion