Call for Screenshots!

Oblivion and Oblivion mod discussion. No adult content, please.

Call for Screenshots!

Postby Nessa » Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:04 am

I'm putting together a "repository" mod for a series of quest mods for Oblivion. (Basically a bunch of content that can be used for multiple mods by myself or anyone else really.) The one thing I can't find to my satisfaction is: paintings. Yes, there are tons of various painting resources out there but they're all blase (that I've found). :dwarf: I started making my own and then realized I was building areas and THEN taking screenshots. That seems like a lot of work for a bunch of new paintings. :frustrated:

SO, I'm requesting anybody that loves taking screenshots to drop some here that you wouldn't mind showing up as a painting in game. :goodjob:

I primarily need landscapes though tasteful shots that include characters are fine as well. The more interesting the shot, the better! Doesn't matter if it's Cyrodiil, SI, Elsweyr or anywhere else your Oblivion travels have taken you.

What I'll do with the screenshots is likely run them through a very light texture filter in Photoshop. (Maybe, I haven't quite decided yet. Whatever happens I'll do it for everything all at once.) The final size of the textures used won't be huge so large screenshots aren't necessarily required. (Though everything looks better if you reduce it.) Then they'll go in either upper class or middle class picture frames. Screenies can be landscape or portrait or even square. Really it makes no difference.

I'll credit anyone for the sceenies used and then show some screenshots of the paintings in game when they're done. (Heh, a screenshot of a screenshot!)

There is no real timeline to this either so if you make a new splendid shot months after I've written this, feel free to go ahead and post. Adding a new picture is quite simple. ;)

So, help me put an end to seeing the same painting of a hill constantly in every home! :bouncy:
Nessa
Journeyman

Title: Queen

Re: Call for Screenshots!

Postby fable2 » Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:07 am

By repository mod, do you mean a place in the game where you'll keep the trophies you get in the quest mods? Just curious.
fable2
Wolflore Staff

Postby Nessa » Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:21 am

Oh yeah, should have explained that better. The mod itself is just for resources. (An esm that contains some of my new tilesets plus a bunch of useful stuff for quest mods.) On it's own it won't do anything, other modders can use it to spice up their mods.

Basically, this all started because I was having to add the same furniture/tileset/items to multiple quest mods I'm making. (Which is rather cumbersome.) Then Symon gave me the idea to come up with a "repository" that can act as a central mod for new resources. Should have done that first! :frustrated:

Anyway, these paintings will see action quite soon as I intend on using them in most of my upcoming mods once they're finished. I prefer screenshot style paintings as they are a better match. (Which is all Bethsoft did for thier paintings. Take screenie, canvas filter, save dds. BOOM!) :bouncy:
Nessa
Journeyman

Postby PiNK PiPER » Sat Sep 14, 2013 9:07 am

You can use any of the ones on my art thread and here are some older ones that you can use if you want; they come in larger sizes but these are all 1024x 768 except for one that is 1920x1080 I should also point out that most of these particular pics have already been rendered with bumpmaps and lighting effects giving it an oil paint and metallic texture

Akatosh Rising.jpg
Fabulously fantastic fiona fairies small.jpg
Island Sun Blast extra 1024x768.jpg
Ivy IC sunset extra.jpg
Jungle Archway.png
ktbukudo.jpg
Moonspell snowflake textured.jpg
Oreo the Warrior Cookie Orc png 1024x768.PNG
Orc Warrior Queen Metalic 1024x768.jpg
Shivering Mushrooms 1024x768.jpg
Thunderhead Mountain 1024x768.jpg
The Look of Love.png
PiNK PiPER

Postby Nessa » Sat Sep 14, 2013 4:07 pm

Good heavens those are gorgeous! Thanks!! :blush: I much prefer bright and colorful stuff. I must belong in Mania or something.... :blink: WHY didn't somebody make a painting pack with screens like that!? :bouncy:

I'm actually considering not doing any filters over the main image anyway. The vanilla paintings are a bit too blurry as it is and the canvas filter Bethsoft used is a bit much. Anyway, I'll get these in some pictures right away! :goodjob:
Nessa
Journeyman

Return to Oblivion