Tracking down the truth of a mod

Oblivion and Oblivion mod discussion. No adult content, please.

Tracking down the truth of a mod

Postby Lokichan » Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:44 pm

I found a mystery mod backed up on a hard drive and I am trying to find out info and authorship about this mod.
Its Meshes and Textures labeled Ren SKS Hair. There is no read me or esp, and its in Oblivion format.

Now from what I have dug up is that there are multiple hairs from this mod in different mods, including a couple Skyrim hair compilations.
They are numbered like the sims hairs. And from different reports I hear the words, Ren being the author...but I went to Ren's sim page and NONE of these hairs are on there,
several sim authors, someone said made up the collection but didn't name them, and a few people referred to a couple of the hairs as KKK?

Its all very confusing when I am trying to track down who did what and why this collection isn't anywhere that I can find other than LL and private accounts...
If anyone can give me more info behind this file I would appreciate it...as there are a few hairs I want to use but I don't want to do it without permission ;)

the files are numbers 0 1 4 3 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 14 15 16 18 20 22 23 24 25 26 29 31 37 42 43 44 46

If you need to look at the file pm me, my stupid mspaint isn't working so I can't do screen shots >:(
Lokichan
Associate

Re: Tracking down the truth of a mod

Postby Leonardo » Wed Aug 13, 2014 6:34 pm

Does the mod had a readme included? If so then post it and who knows what info that could be useful.

Do yourself a favor just get Paint.NET and use it for screenshots. It's lot better than MS Paint.
Leonardo
Journeyman

Title: Reborn Old Timer

Postby Lokichan » Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:44 pm

Quoting myself - "There is no read me or esp, and its in Oblivion format." ;)

Thank you for the paint.net link :D I'll get this installed and put up some screens later tonight ^^

Awwwww its windows 7 :( sad, ty anyways, I'm still stuck with xp XD
Lokichan
Associate

Postby Raym » Thu Aug 14, 2014 5:09 am

Moved to Oblivion forum per OP request.
I don't have a dirty mind. I just have a sexy imagination.
Raym
Lurker Extraordinarie

Postby Jac » Thu Aug 14, 2014 3:22 pm

This site looks like it has the older version of Paint.net, Loki, but I would run a virus scan on anything you grab from there.
Jac
The Boss

Location: Somewhere on the left side of insanity, the right side was taken.
Title: Elder Wolf

Postby Lokichan » Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:50 pm

Ty you Jac will do!

Sorry, I should have put this in OB section, I just have Morrowind on my mind, since I wanted to use a few for my mod XD
Lokichan
Associate

Postby Lokichan » Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:07 pm

I'm sorry I haven't posted on this lately, I found a lead for a bunch of the hairs. Many of them were converted and updated in Apachii's Sky Hair mod, so I have been going through that figuring out who belongs to what... scratch that, reverse it XD
But there are still a few that are a mystery so I will try to get those up sometime tonight. :)
Lokichan
Associate

Return to Oblivion