[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4695: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4697: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4698: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4699: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Wolflore » View topic - Top 10 Oblivion mods

Top 10 Oblivion mods

Oblivion and Oblivion mod discussion. No adult content, please.

Top 10 Oblivion mods

Postby fable2 » Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:42 pm

Just that. Your faves. Mine? Let's see:

Companion Vilja
Mart's
Francesco's
Supreme Magicka
Skin-toned Mannequins (not just because it's mine, but because I like displaying stuff I've captured)
Lavish Mage Tower of Alchemy Power (terrible name, great home)
Armamentarium
Et in Arkay Ego
The Lost Spires
Tears of the Fiend
fable2
Wolflore Staff

Re: Top 10 Oblivion mods

Postby Antiscamp » Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:11 pm

That's a hard one. Let's see. I am of course excluding my own created mods from this list...

1. HGEC (if I only got to choose ONE mod, this would be it.)
2. Lovers with PK (Yeah duh! It's a bleedin' modding masterpiece.)
3. Hidden Elves (makes my character actually LOOK like a lady.)
4. Woman's Move (Makes my character actually MOVE like a lady.)
5. Plate Armour Plus (The best armour ever for females! Not too revealing either, actually. Very tasteful.)
6. Deserts of Anequina (just has to be on this list.)
7. Darker Nights (I like my nights being dark and my modded lights to have a logical effect.)
8. Realistic Water (This is a new one, but has quickly become one of my essentials.)
9. Alternative Start by Robert Evrae (Gets rid of the tedious tutorial start in the imperial Dungeon.)
10. Flying Camera Mod (Lets me fly the camera about with only the press of a button and removes the menues too. Essential for screenshooting.)
Antiscamp
Apprentice

Postby fable2 » Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:02 pm

Have to agree that HGEC is definitely worth a top 10 entry. I'm really not a fan of the modern waif look. Doesn't mean I go for those poor in-game women who look as though they'd trip over their mammaries and suffer severe blunt trauma as a result, but I've always been a fan of curves on women.
fable2
Wolflore Staff

Postby swordsman5 » Sat Apr 23, 2011 10:00 am

I too like curves on a woman....but some of the body mods for OB have really gone OTT, creating a shape that wouldn't be out of place in a Mickey Mouse cartoon. :lol:
If it were to rain soup....I'd have a fork!

swordsman5
Sensei

Title:

Postby ALready_Gone » Sat Apr 23, 2011 1:11 pm

I am pretty new with modded Oblivion and I have to agree that a body replacer is necessary, and not one that has a grossly huge topside. Mine are not in any specified order:

HGEC
Alternative Beginnings
Crowded Cities
Crowded Roads revisited
Tamriel Travellers
Kvatch Rebuilt
Fast Exit
Denock Arrows
Rens Bueaty Pack
Natural Faces
High Res for NF
Slof's Horses (all)
ALready_Gone
Associate

Postby swordsman5 » Sun Apr 24, 2011 6:48 am

Just out of interest, Kvatch Rebuilt, is it the same as the version I have with just some buildings and a severe lack of NPCs? If I remember correctly there were also places on the curtain wall that you could walk through and others that weren't there. I pulled it as it seemed only half done.

swordsman5
Sensei

Title:

Postby ALready_Gone » Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:10 pm

i use Kvatch Rebuilt 1.1 posted on Tes Nexus in March,2008. It seems to be better than what you describe but your standards might be higher than mine. I think since you save Kavatch then you should be able to help rebuild it. That is the main reason I put it in my must have mods.

Here is a link if you are interested swordsman5.
ALready_Gone
Associate

Postby swordsman5 » Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:02 am

Thanks, that isn't the one I have, which was .esp only, if I remember right it was posted about 6 months after the game first came out, well before such things as OOO, OBMM and OBSE.

Personally I think that the re-building of Kvatch should have been something that was scripted into the original release, if not at that time then certainly at some point before Knights of the Nine. It was just Bethesda being lazy again, it's almost like they decided to release a half finished game and then let the modders put it right.

swordsman5
Sensei

Title:

Postby fable2 » Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:23 am

Just a note of caution. If anybody does run a Kvatch rebuild mod (and there are at least two major ones I know of), be sure to run BOSS and check for incompatibilities. There are a number of issues out there, most having to do with locating parts of quest mods in Kvatch.

I do agree, though. This was really in Bethsoft's court, and let it go, probably in favor of the shorter, easy DLC they could make a quick buck on.
fable2
Wolflore Staff

Postby soap » Thu May 19, 2011 9:41 am

From memory and in no particular order
HGEC (I think that's the one I'm using)
Apachii Goddess Store
AmuletOfDiablo
Montanas sexy companion
unofficial Oblivion
Hentai Mania
Jerall House
(I forget the name, but it adds a new race to the game)
Many other armor mods
others..

I got tones of mods but there mostly armor, My game is buggy now, when I quit it crashes... :sad: the game also crashes when I'm a vampire during the day. For this reason I'm not to eager to add more mods I'm afraid nothing will work. But I can play fine, just sometimes it messes up.

I'm tempted in trying the overhaul patches, that makes everything higher resolution, is it worth it?
photobucket sucks... need to upload a new sig.
soap
Banner God
Banner God

Next

Return to Oblivion