Vera Blanc and the Island Phantom,PG 13 UPDATED HTML)

Discussion and downloads: Interactive Novels. No adult content, please.

Vera Blanc and the Island Phantom,PG 13 UPDATED HTML)

Postby fleet » Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:42 pm

22-day3-3b-smaler.jpg

vera-phantom-html-pg.zip
(26.95 MiB) Downloaded 133 times

Vera Blanc and The Island Phantom
-----------------------------
This is a full game, not a mod.

Version 7, Rated PG-13 (contains alcohol use, violence)

Change from Version 6: Converted to HTML 5 foramt using techniques described by kexter.

This is a stand alone game (not a mod), a 2D visual novel (short story). This is a fan-made game using characters from the Vera Blanc games by http://www.winterwoves.com Game characters are used with permission of winterwolves.

In this game Vera Blanc investigates a ghost guarding a fortune in gold. This story takes place after the two commercially released Vera Blanc games, and before my fan made game, Vera Blanc and the Carpathian Horror.

Vera Blanc is a rich, beautiful, and intelligent detective, with the unique ability to (sometimes) read people's minds. The in-game introduction explains how she obtained this ability.

System requirements: A web browser that is capable of playing HTML 5. This has been tested using several browsers on a PC running Windows 7. It ran on a MAC system. It should run on a Linux system.

Known issues:
1. There are screen size and save/load misalignment issues with Internet Explorer 11. While the game is playable, I recommend you use another browser.
2. On a Linux system using Chrome, you might get a blank black screen. This can be fixed by telling Chrome to allow the game to set local data.
3. Depending on your browser and browser settings, save game information may disappear when you close your browser.

Note: Rapidly clicking to skip dialog may cause the VN to crash, or skip visuals.

Credits/disclaimers

Story by fleet

Models are from Daz Studio 3 D web site and most-digital-creations web site; credit to original creators

Some clothes are by evilinnocence http://www.evilinnocence.com
You may not upload any version of this game to any other site.

Terms of use:

By installing, you, the end user, agree to the following terms of this agreement:
You are not authorized to upload this game to any other site for sharing without specific permission from the mod author(s).

The game author(s), expressly disclaim any warranty, expressed or implied, and accepts no responsibility for the quality or reliability of any of the games offered. They accept no responsibility for any damages to you, your computer, or any other property, person, or corporation which results, directly or indirectly, from the downloading of, installation of, compilation of, and use of the game.

You are not authorized to upload this game to any other site for sharing without specific permission from the mod author(s).

Uncompress the compressed file using 7zip, winzip, winrar, or your favorite archiver. You may install the game in any folder on your hard drive.
To run the game, open the index.html file in any web browser that supports HTML5.
Last edited by fleet on Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:03 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Reason: updated version of visual novel
Why? I like big ones, that's why.
fleet
Enforcer

Re: Vera Blanc and the Island Phantom (visual novel)

Postby fleet » Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:56 pm

Added direct download to bottom of first post (beneath picture).
fleet
Enforcer

Re: Vera Blanc and the Island Phantom (visual novel)

Postby fleet » Fri May 27, 2011 6:56 pm

Updated to Version 4: Added improved save and load system, permitting multiple saves, added background music, fixed text so it is consistently placed, and removed the 'free pass on the mind reading game.

Note" this is the 'family friendly' version. No on screen sexual activity, no nudity,
fleet
Enforcer

Re: Vera Blanc and the Island Phantom (PG 13 version)

Postby DARoot » Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:17 am

Thanks, Fleet!
Anyway, I'm downloadin' this now, and will provide feedback (however feeble) after playing.

Just wanted to "bump up" the topic, y'know?
:biggrin:
DARoot
Last edited by DARoot on Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DARoot

Postby fleet » Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:55 pm

DARoot,
Hello! I appreciate the bump. :hubba:

very respectfully,
fleet
Last edited by Elaura on Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: just doing some housekeeping
fleet
Enforcer

Postby DARoot » Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:13 pm

:unsure:
But, what do I know?
:chinscratch:

DARoot
Last edited by Elaura on Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Housekeeping
DARoot

Postby fleet » Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:20 pm

You know lots of stuff (probably more than me).
I am interested in getting your feedback.
fleet
Enforcer

Postby DARoot » Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:53 pm

Well, right off the top of my head (for today, anyway) ...
- My previous post sorta "lost something in the translation" after the "housekeeping" activity. Probably best to just ignore it.
:unsure:
- I like big ones, small ones, and in-between size ones, myself...
:hubba:
- Seems like every day I forget somethin' that I used to know. Hopefully, I'll get through "Vera Blanc" in time to give you some useful feedback, before I forget even my Wolflore Login Password ...
DARoot
DARoot

Postby DARoot » Sun Jan 22, 2012 5:50 am

Greetings, Fun-Seekers

At Fleet's suggestion, I am posting a few comments here, not necessarily for Fleet's benefit [he's already seen 'em], but for the benefit of other "Casual Readers" of this thread, who may still be undecided about trying out a "Visual Novel."

I finished playing Fleet's "Vera Blanc and the Island Phantom" and can recommend it highly to you.
It's quite entertaining, and a bit of a departure from the 2D-3D RPG games discussed elsewhere on Wolflore.
The artwork is good (rather reminicent of "anime" -- especially for Vera -- or some of the better comic-book art).
The text is very clear and readable [there's also some "Voice Acting" at the end, for the information of those folks who are readers of THAT other thread here].

You will, I think, find it a most interesting and amusing diversion for when you have an hour or so of free time to devote to the (perhaps, new to you) experience of "Visual Novels" -- such as, when you are waiting for feedback on one of your own threads, or for a certain person to finish editing the meshes they promised for you. [I can also recommend wandering around on YouTube for some time-waster fun, but that's neither here nor there and has nothing to do with Fleet's stories].

What follows now might be considered by some to be a "Beginner's Guide" [and by others, "A load of BS," depending on your inclination] to these stories --
- You probably WILL have to install DirectX_9, AND that extra .dll file, before the game will work correctly (or at all). Fleet thoughtfully provided links to both in his initial post here.
- Once running, you need to use the spacebar [left-clicking anywhere on the displayed screen also works] to advance to the next screen/scene. BE AWARE -- there is also occasional "animation" inherent in some of the scenes [such as at the graveyard], so best to wait a second or two before pressing spacebar/clicking to move on, in case something is still moving on-screen.
- Learn to "Save Early, Save Often" [you get 10 savegame slots, and any old save can be overwritten by a new one, so you've got plenty of room for as many as you need].
- Always, always, always "Save" whenever a Menu Choice screen comes up. You'll be glad you did. Most of these Menus give you 2 choices, one of which leads invariably to instant death. So, if you make the "wrong" choice, it's a snap to reload your Save and choose the other, and move right along.
- You will encounter the "Vera Attempts to Read Minds" mini-game at several points. Here is where you will especially appreciate having made a Save when the menu for it first came up. [You did remember to do that, didn't you?]. The mini-game is sorta reminiscent of "Wheel of Fortune" [without Vanna White] and pretty much "trial and error" [and you only get 3 tries, before you are placed in the same situation as if you chose "Vera Chooses Not to Read Minds" initially. No death, but the story now follows a different branch than if you had succeeded].

Hope some of this encourages some of you to try out one or more of these stories for yourselves, if you haven't already done so.
DARoot
DARoot

Postby fleet » Sun Jan 22, 2012 6:30 am

Thanks for the publicity.
fleet
Enforcer

Next

Return to Visual Novels