No portal link?

If there's something you want to see or if you have a question, let us know here. No adult content, please.

No portal link?

Postby Leonardo » Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:57 pm

It's what the title says. I can't see a portal link on the left of the Board Index link, so I wonder am I the only one here who have notice it or is it something I need to do before I can use it again. :chinscratch:
Leonardo
Journeyman

Title: Reborn Old Timer

Re: No portal link?

Postby neildarkstar » Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:12 pm

I have the link, but the portal looks weird at the moment. jac has been working on the portal since the board update a few days ago, so I just presumed it's not done. It appears functional though.
"If you want to make God laugh, tell Him your plans." - Movie "Flypaper"
neildarkstar
Jac's Hero of the Day
Jac's Hero of the Day

Postby Leonardo » Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:41 pm

Lucky you who have the link, but I don't see the portal link and I agree the portal has a weird look. I know how to get access to the portal through the browser and that's to replace the index.php with the portal.php link like this.

Code: Select all
index: http://www.wolflore.net/index.php
portal: http://www.wolflore.net/portal.php
Leonardo
Journeyman

Postby fleet » Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:46 pm

I'm sure Jac will tell us when the portal is ready.
Very respectfully,
fleet
Why? I like big ones, that's why.
fleet
Enforcer

Postby neildarkstar » Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:57 pm

fleet wrote:I'm sure Jac will tell us when the portal is ready.
Very respectfully,
fleet

Yeah, I know Jac's been busy with RL things, and I'm sure he'll get it squared away.
"If you want to make God laugh, tell Him your plans." - Movie "Flypaper"
neildarkstar
Jac's Hero of the Day
Jac's Hero of the Day

Postby Jac » Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:57 pm

The portal is a low priority right now, Leo. It looks weird in CA Black for some reason that I haven't determined yet and the link won't show up in Prosilver because that style got overwritten in the update and I haven't added in the changes our mods (like the portal) make to it yet. The portal will be our front page again as soon as I get the time to work on it.
Jac
The Boss

Location: Somewhere on the left side of insanity, the right side was taken.
Title: Elder Wolf

Postby Leonardo » Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:42 pm

Have you tried to clear out cache for prosilver and I mean delete the template cache in the styles tab in ACP. Just click on prosilver and the cache link to select all of them then submit.

Perhaps I can help you out, because I know a little about phpBB3 and I've edit the English language to change Board Index to Forums or if you prefer whatever you want. Just let me know and I'll make the changes and send you a PM with the edit file.
Leonardo
Journeyman

Postby Jac » Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:58 pm

Yes I did, Leo, but that won't do squat because the code for ProSilver hasn't been modified yet. So until I get around to changing that, there will be no portal links for ProSilver. I suggest using one of the other themes for now until I get to it because the other three still have their links.
Jac
The Boss

Location: Somewhere on the left side of insanity, the right side was taken.
Title: Elder Wolf

Postby Leonardo » Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:09 pm

I read your board update thread here and if I understood you correctly you want a different quick reply editor than the current one. Correct? :chinscratch:

If so I've the same quick reply editor that Fligg is using on GHF, but also an updated version of the latest full quick reply editor 2.2.0 and I think it doesn't matter if you're using the full quick reply editor with the Advanced BBCode Box3 mod just remember to install the full quick reply mod first.

I don't know if you thought about having a gallery on Wolflore and if you want to have it then you must use this fix to make it work, because the issue is so severe that you probably need to reinstall the entire forum and might lose everything in the process. Trust me there is no way you can fix it without editing the file and not even STK 1.5 can fix since you can't use it. Don't you worry I've fix it and send you as well a fixed BBGallery 1.1.5 version which is the latest. Here is a short list plus the edit file(s) I think you need to get the portal link back without reinstalling Board3Portal and of those mods I think you need for Wolflore of course it's entirely up for you to decide what mod or anything at all that's gonna be used on Wolflore. :shades:

Advanced BBCode Box3
phpGallery 1.1.5 Fixed
Full Quick Reply Editor 2.2.0 RC1
Support Tool Kit 1.5
US-English Language 1.0.5
Add user in ACP
One Click Ban
Lock New Topic On Submit
Automod
UMIL
Mod Version Check (You don't need to use this Mod Check Version mod in phpBB3 3.0.10 for Board3Portal 1.0.6, but you might need it for other things)
Board3Portal 1.0.6
Art Mobile
DVGFX 1.3.0
phpMediaWiki 1.0.0 (plus the latest MediaWiki 1.18.1 version which is free as open source)
Leonardo
Journeyman

Postby Elaura » Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:55 pm

Actually, no, we don't intend to have a gallery here. We're intentionally avoiding making Wolflore into a GHF forum clone. Although we owe our server space and a great deal of gratitude to Fliggerty, Wolflore has no more in common with GHF than the fact they are both gaming forums and both use PHPbb.

Thanks for trying to help, Leo, but we have other things on our plate right now. Wolflore isn't non-functional, there are just a couple of little glitches from the last phpbb update, which we will fix in our own time.
Available for weddings, funerals, hand fasting, and baptisms.
Elaura
Chaplain

Title: Mrs.

Next

Return to Comments & Questions