No portal link?

If there's something you want to see or if you have a question, let us know here. No adult content, please.

Re: No portal link?

Postby Donkey » Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:27 pm

Thanks i was afraid my browser went broke on me. :D
Retired modder and enjoying it. :D
Donkey
Journeyman

Postby Leonardo » Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:49 am

IDK what the cause is but now I can't get access to UCP when using the DVGFX theme, so I had to go back in the browser page by page. Still there is no portal link visible on both themes and can't change themes on the portal. :chinscratch:
Leonardo
Journeyman

Title: Reborn Old Timer

Postby Elaura » Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:12 am

Thank you for reporting these issues, but we are aware of them. Jac hasn't gotten around to fixing the portal links since the last upgrade. The UCP will be fixed as soon as the rest of the world wakes up. As for the themes, there are only two, the default and DVGFX.
Available for weddings, funerals, hand fasting, and baptisms.
Elaura
Chaplain

Title: Mrs.

Postby Jac » Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:14 pm

The portal team released an updated version that adds the link back in, unfortunately I'm having CSS issues with it over on our sandbox, so it'll be awhile before I upgrade the one there. I'm going to try one of their tricks to see if I can get the link back without dealing with the upgrade. Hopefully that'll fix the issue.
Jac
The Boss

Location: Somewhere on the left side of insanity, the right side was taken.
Title: Elder Wolf

Postby Leonardo » Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:17 am

FYI the Board3 Portal was recently updated from 2.0 to 2.0.1 and I'm using it my self. I wasn't hard to install the portal and I've already get it to work with 3 installed styles here.

Here is instructions of how to get the portal working with other styles than prosilver and I know your DVGFX style aren't there, but it could give you some hints of how to do things.

I know this is a little off topic but I can give you all edit files for prosilver that's required of how to get a post profile from the right to the left in posts, UCP when using PM. Also here is some useful information about the changed code that took place when upgrading 3.0.10 to 3.0.11 when it was released, because I notice it and pointed it out so now is there a remark (see section 8) about the changed code when upgrading phpBB. Please note that's only for the phpBB3 3.0.11 version, but I'm not sure if you can use it with an older setup so use it at your own risk.

prosilver_left_profile.rar
(10.25 KiB) Downloaded 100 times

Just upload it to /styles and overwrite all files when prompted but backup existing files first.

Btw... the ABBC3 mod was also updated which I use without fuss and here can you download it, but I think you need to update ABBC3 because the YouTube BBCode is now outdated (obsolete?) and have been replaced with a new BBCode called BBvideo that has all previous video BBCode video tags included in one BBCode tag.
Leonardo
Journeyman

Postby Jac » Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:54 pm

I updated the mod and nothing, so I'm not touching it again. Thanks anyway, Leo.
Jac
The Boss

Postby Leonardo » Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:40 pm

You're welcome. :)
Leonardo
Journeyman

Postby Leonardo » Mon Jun 09, 2014 6:34 pm

The portal link in the breadcrumb on the top bar doesn't work nor does the portal.php file work either. Is the Board3 Portal mod broken? :chinscratch:
Leonardo
Journeyman

Postby Jac » Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:59 pm

It's portal.php and I just checked and the link uptop still works. :shrug:
Jac
The Boss

Postby neildarkstar » Tue Jun 10, 2014 1:57 am

Uhmm... I never go to the portal in the normal course of things, so I wouldn't have noticed, but... after reading these posts, I discovered the links up top only take me to the board index, not the portal page. In fact, I currently have no clue as to how to get to the portal if I wanted to.
"If you want to make God laugh, tell Him your plans." - Movie "Flypaper"
neildarkstar
Jac's Hero of the Day
Jac's Hero of the Day

PreviousNext

Return to Comments & Questions