No new DLCs for Skyrim

A place to post news that might interest folks or at least keep people informed. This is an all news topic forum. No adult content, please.

Re: No new DLCs for Skyrim

Postby Adul » Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:18 am

Drakkmore wrote:That would not surprise me one bit. next you ill have helm and boots integrated into the armor too.

Or, better yet, you will have a merged helm & boots armor slot.

"I can't wait to find a steel helm & boots so that I can finally get rid of this iron helm & boots."
Adul
Warden

Postby Raym » Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:33 am

The way they are going, TES: X is going to be a big red button labelled "click to win the game". :mockery:
I don't have a dirty mind. I just have a sexy imagination.
Raym
Lurker Extraordinarie

Postby Jac » Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:36 pm

It's official.

Today we’re happy to announce plans to release the complete Skyrim collection with The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim® Legendary Edition.

Coming to Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and PC on June 4th for $59.99 (European territories will see its release on June 7th), this package includes the most up-to-date version of the original game (employing the 1.9 title update),as well as the game’s three add-ons: Dawnguard, Hearthfire, and Dragonborn.
Jac
The Boss

Location: Somewhere on the left side of insanity, the right side was taken.
Title: Elder Wolf

Postby fable2 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:18 am

So now it's two months' development for TES VI, the game, and two years' development for TES VI, the marketing and public relations campaign. At least they've got their priorities straight. :frustrated:
fable2
Wolflore Staff

Postby Spirited Treasure » Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:31 am

Jac wrote:According to Bethesda's blog, there will be no new DLCs for Skyrim.

Skyrim has been a labor of love for us since we started designing it in 2006. We never imagined it would become the phenomenon it has. And that is because of you, the fans. It was all of you who made it a success. We can’t thank you enough for embracing the game, spreading the word, and making it your own.

For the last year and a half we’ve been working on new content for Skyrim; from the game updates, Creation Kit, Steam Workshop, Kinect support, to DLCs. Parts of our team have also been in pre-production on our next major project, and that game is at the point where it requires the studio’s full attention to make it our biggest and best work yet.

Even though we’re moving on, we’ll still have minor updates to Skyrim as needed. We’ve invested so much of ourselves into Skyrim and will never truly say goodbye to it.

We loved hearing your stories, your in-game triumphs, and your suggestions. One thing stuck out to us through those emails, letters, and postings. And that is – video games matter. They’re as important to you as they are to us. It’s not just about entertainment, it’s about your time. And you chose to spend it with our game.

Thank you again for all your support. We hope you stay engaged in the gaming community here and elsewhere. Keep spreading the word. Games are the world’s best entertainment because they can do what other forms cannot – fill you with the wonder of exploration and the pride of accomplishment. We look forward to sharing our next adventure with you.

Until next time,

Bethesda Game Studios

A Polish retailer claims that Skyrim will be getting a legendary edition with the base game and all three DLCs June 7th. I'm not surprised if they do it because they did the same for Fallout: New Vegas; I'm just a bit surprised that they didn't call it the GotY edition if what the retailer has said is true. I'm guessing that new project is TES VI.

This feels like goodbye.. A sad day for me.
I am but a fragment cast apart from the whole.
A bit of flotsam to cling to in the storm.

I am a fly in the ointment, I am a whisper in the shadows.
I am also an old old woman. More than that you need not know.

Step carefully. No path is darker than when your eyes are shut.
-Flemeth, Asha'Bellanar, Witch of the Wilds
Spirited Treasure
Defender

Title: Free Spirit

Postby Raym » Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:13 pm

Cool, just about at the time of my birthday. :mockery:
I don't have a dirty mind. I just have a sexy imagination.
Raym
Lurker Extraordinarie

Previous

Return to News Submissions