No new DLCs for Skyrim

A place to post news that might interest folks or at least keep people informed. This is an all news topic forum. No adult content, please.

No new DLCs for Skyrim

Postby Jac » Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:19 pm

According to Bethesda's blog, there will be no new DLCs for Skyrim.

Skyrim has been a labor of love for us since we started designing it in 2006. We never imagined it would become the phenomenon it has. And that is because of you, the fans. It was all of you who made it a success. We can’t thank you enough for embracing the game, spreading the word, and making it your own.

For the last year and a half we’ve been working on new content for Skyrim; from the game updates, Creation Kit, Steam Workshop, Kinect support, to DLCs. Parts of our team have also been in pre-production on our next major project, and that game is at the point where it requires the studio’s full attention to make it our biggest and best work yet.

Even though we’re moving on, we’ll still have minor updates to Skyrim as needed. We’ve invested so much of ourselves into Skyrim and will never truly say goodbye to it.

We loved hearing your stories, your in-game triumphs, and your suggestions. One thing stuck out to us through those emails, letters, and postings. And that is – video games matter. They’re as important to you as they are to us. It’s not just about entertainment, it’s about your time. And you chose to spend it with our game.

Thank you again for all your support. We hope you stay engaged in the gaming community here and elsewhere. Keep spreading the word. Games are the world’s best entertainment because they can do what other forms cannot – fill you with the wonder of exploration and the pride of accomplishment. We look forward to sharing our next adventure with you.

Until next time,

Bethesda Game Studios

A Polish retailer claims that Skyrim will be getting a legendary edition with the base game and all three DLCs June 7th. I'm not surprised if they do it because they did the same for Fallout: New Vegas; I'm just a bit surprised that they didn't call it the GotY edition if what the retailer has said is true. I'm guessing that new project is TES VI.
Jac
The Boss

Location: Somewhere on the left side of insanity, the right side was taken.
Title: Elder Wolf

Re: No new DLCs for Skyrim

Postby Raym » Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:04 pm

Bizarre.
I was expecting them to milk the cow a lot more. Just 3 DLCs in about... 2 years? Looks like Beth hasn't a lot of creativity to put into games, these days. I mean, doesn't look like they have invested *that* much work into those DLCs, really... :shrug:
I don't have a dirty mind. I just have a sexy imagination.
Raym
Lurker Extraordinarie

Postby Adul » Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:50 am

Interesting. With the amount of speculation and rumors surrounding possible future Skyrim DLC, I'm kind of surprised none of it turned out to be true. Especially so since in the past DLC made by Bethesda have been leaked before their official announcement in one way or another.

Ah, well. Skyrim is a great game that I will remember fondly and which I expect myself to replay from time to time in the future.
Adul
Warden

Postby Jac » Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:05 pm

I guess the team felt they put in enough and were running out of ideas. That or they didn't feel they could release another DLC that would live up to expectations. I dunno. Hopefully we'll find out about the legendary edition soon.
Jac
The Boss

Postby fable2 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:52 pm

I am a bit surprised they didn't shoot for one more download, but not that much. They have a history of dropping support after a couple of add-ons, and starting up their next major project, expecting modders to deliver fresh content.
fable2
Wolflore Staff

Postby Drakkmore » Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:41 pm

Well of course they do that, The modders come up with all of the best stuff. Especially when it comes to adding crap that Bethesda left out either on purpose or through negligence. As far as no more DLC, I would have loved to have seen spears reimplemented with their own perk set, but I guess that is never gonna happen.
Drakkmore
Jac's Hero of the Day
Jac's Hero of the Day

Postby PiNK PiPER » Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:49 pm

Ya I never understood why they ignored piercing weapons :rant:
PiNK PiPER

Postby Jac » Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:58 pm

It was probably the same person who thought hammers and axes were both blunt weapons.
Jac
The Boss

Postby fable2 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:53 pm

I will predict that the next major ES release removes at least one more skill. I know, pretty hard to believe, but there it is. :whistling:
fable2
Wolflore Staff

Postby Drakkmore » Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:21 pm

fable2 wrote:I will predict that the next major ES release removes at least one more skill. I know, pretty hard to believe, but there it is. :whistling:

That would not surprise me one bit. next you ill have helm and boots integrated into the armor too.
Drakkmore
Jac's Hero of the Day
Jac's Hero of the Day

Next

Return to News Submissions