[Relz] Damascus's Shop

A place to download and discuss Slaanesh's mods. No adult content please.

Moderator: Slaanesh

[Relz] Damascus's Shop

Postby Slaanesh » Sat Sep 17, 2011 1:01 pm

Damascus's Shop
By Slaanesh The Corruptor

Damascus's Shop
By Slaanesh The Corruptor

==Table of Contents==
1)Sumary
2)Installation
3)Credits
4)Contact
5)ChangeLog
=====================

==1) Summmary==
This mod will add a merchant to Gnisis. His name is Damascus. He is a retired Morang Tong agent, and sells various
weapons from the far west, from the land of the Tscaeci. He sells throwing needles, kunai, xigante, summoning scrolls,
daedric weapons (for an extremely steep price), and a few other things. There are two types of throwing knives, poisoned,
and non-poisoned. Damascus has "random" dialogue, and his disposition towards you changes, therefore making his prices
change, depending on if you're in the Morang Tang, your rank, or wether or not you simply come alot. Most weapons are
inexpensive, but it is easily possible to rack up quite a tab if you aren't paying attention.
To find his shop, cross the river that has the Silt Strider on it and walk along it's coast, as though heading towards the
Imperial Architecture in Gnisis.

Note: What is a Senk-O?
A Senk-O is essentially a flashbang. There are two varieties, thrown and dropped. To use the first, simply throw it at your
target. It will explode on impact. For the second, place it on the ground. After a few moments, it will explode.
Thanks to NeilDarkStar for these!
====

==2) Installation==
Extra to your datafiles folder, enable in launcher.
====

==3)Credits==
Me for making every non-vanilla object seen in this mod.
TheDayWalker's modelling help
Chainy's Modelling help
Mystery05's friendlyness
Tonal Architect's friendlyness
NeilDarkStar for the "Senk-O" devices! Thanks a ton!!
====

On a sidenote:
I would like to thank DARoot and NeilDarkStar for their help with testing, and overall friendlyness and respect of this
mod. Thanks guys!!!

==4) Contact==
GHF:Slaanesh
Officials:Slaanesh the Corruptor
Wolflore:Slaanesh
Email:Slaaneshthecorruptor@gmail.com

==5) Changelog==
v1:
-Release

v1.1:
-Added a poisoned variety of needles.
-Upped the price on needles from 1gp to 5gp (I think I forgot to set it before)
-Changed needle stats
-Tripled Stats for the Xig Weapons (Set at 90 now, instead of 35 )
-Cleaned all dirty reference
-Unique set of armor
-No items on display shelf are pickupable
-Proper Ownership has been given to all items (Although they had it before, I don't know why it was acting that way)
-Rug has been lowered
-Collision Barriers removed
-Gnisis Script Removed; Shop is open 24/7
-New dialogue, random factors and price flux.

v1.2
-Fixed a few errors

v1.3
-Added "Senk-O" (Flashbang Type Bomb). Instructions for USE can be purchased from Damascus.
-Cleaned Thoroughly
-Added a new NPC with dialogue to protect the shop, and to negate the effects of having a merchant that sells
all kinds of stuff he shouldn't.
-Fixed a few dialogue problems

v1.4
-Added "PaperBombs". Instructions for USE can be purchased from Damascus.
-Fixed a few errors.
-Fixed icons.
Attachments
Damascus's Shop.rar
v1.4
(10.85 MiB) Downloaded 1001 times
Slaanesh
Journeyman

Re: [Relz] Damascus's Shop

Postby neildarkstar » Sat Sep 17, 2011 8:10 pm

Hah! Blackjack1
"If you want to make God laugh, tell Him your plans." - Movie "Flypaper"
neildarkstar
Jac's Hero of the Day
Jac's Hero of the Day

Postby Slaanesh » Sun Sep 18, 2011 2:42 pm

Blackjack?
Slaanesh
Journeyman

Postby neildarkstar » Sun Sep 18, 2011 4:09 pm

Slaanesh wrote:Blackjack?

I was number 21 to download it... :D
neildarkstar
Jac's Hero of the Day
Jac's Hero of the Day

Postby Slaanesh » Sun Sep 18, 2011 11:08 pm

Well tell me your opinion :D
Slaanesh
Journeyman

Postby neildarkstar » Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:07 am

well, if I were rating it (a thing I'm reluctant to do) I'd probably give it a 7 for the following reasons. I hope you don't mind constructive criticism, eh? ;)

I really like Illy's dark brotherhood armor, especially the female version, it's hot. so the first thing I noticed about my female Khajiit assassin was that her armor no longer was specifically female. I think that, while I like the armor you used very much, it would have been better to let the player choose whether or not to change the female version to the new or leave it as it was. I also like Illy;s shades as a helm for female characters, but the helm you used for male... maybe it would be better to make some of that new items instead of arbitrarily changing the existing armor.

the next thing also about the armor, is Illy's error, not yours... but... if better bodies nude is used, and Illy's dark brotherhood male armor, the guys pointer is always pointing the way, eh? then I got a laugh over the irony of the dialogue where it mentions him being a dick... :D

Okay, I found it a bit perturbing that i really couldn't get close enough to the display shelf to see what the items actually looked like... Did you putr a collision wall in front of it or something? anyway, I personally would just have scripted the display items for "no pick up" to prevent shiplifting, but it's nice to be able to see what you want to buy before you buy it.

On the plus side, so we can end on a pleasant note... I liked the back scroll, it's a nice touch. I liked the throwing needles a lot, and a poisoned version would be outstanding. the xig items are really interesting... have you thought about scripting them to be retrievable?

so overall, I like the mod, and the ideas behind it. Good job1 there are a couple of issues that are easily remedied either by you or by the end user for personal games, so the issues are not a huge deal either. You might want to give ol damscus a pair of britches under the greaves... He'd have it rough in Solsthiem. :D
neildarkstar
Jac's Hero of the Day
Jac's Hero of the Day

Postby Slaanesh » Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:19 am

I really like Illy's dark brotherhood armor, especially the female version, it's hot. so the first thing I noticed about my female Khajiit assassin was that her armor no longer was specifically female. I think that, while I like the armor you used very much, it would have been better to let the player choose whether or not to change the female version to the new or leave it as it was. I also like Illy;s shades as a helm for female characters, but the helm you used for male... maybe it would be better to make some of that new items instead of arbitrarily changing the existing armor.

I don't understand. He should only sell the weapons and a scroll, no armor. And the armor he wears is just stock armor. Unless you're talking about something else? They should be just normal Dark Brotherhood armor, nothing different.

Okay, I found it a bit perturbing that i really couldn't get close enough to the display shelf to see what the items actually looked like... Did you putr a collision wall in front of it or something? anyway, I personally would just have scripted the display items for "no pick up" to prevent shiplifting, but it's nice to be able to see what you want to buy before you buy it.

Ahh! I did both. I put the scripts on them with the intention of deleting the walls, but forgot. I'll get on that tomorrow and change it!
On the plus side, so we can end on a pleasant note... I liked the back scroll, it's a nice touch. I liked the throwing needles a lot, and a poisoned version would be outstanding. the xig items are really interesting... have you thought about scripting them to be retrievable?

Thanks. I got the back scroll and needles from Naruto, along with the Xig's. I'll add some poisoned versions of all of them when I take those walls off tomorrow.

so overall, I like the mod, and the ideas behind it. Good job1 there are a couple of issues that are easily remedied either by you or by the end user for personal games, so the issues are not a huge deal either. You might want to give ol damscus a pair of britches under the greaves... He'd have it rough in Solsthiem. :D

Thanks for the Feedback ;D
I don't understand what you mean about the armor, as it's only the stock armor, so if you can clarify that I'll work on it, but I'll get the walls removed and add those poisoned weapons.

Slaanesh
Journeyman

Postby neildarkstar » Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:29 am

About the armor... I use Illy's dark brotherhood armor. Before I added the shop, my female Kajiit was dressed in a full set. when I loaded it up, her female armor was gone, replaced by a modified stock version of male db armor. Illy's female cuirass looks like a full-breasted female wearing a leather jacket that comes down to a narrow body suit in the groin area. With your mod installed the whole thing is different, and the female armor version is gone. I;;y provides sunglasses as a helm, and your mod changes it back. hang on a bit, I'll get pix to show you what I mean.
neildarkstar
Jac's Hero of the Day
Jac's Hero of the Day

Postby Slaanesh » Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:34 am

Hmm. Okay. I think I'll delete the references to DB Armor ,and create a new set, so the vanilla isn't altered at all. Do you think that would fix it?
Slaanesh
Journeyman

Postby neildarkstar » Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:53 am

ScreenShot 46.jpg
ScreenShot 47.jpg
ScreenShot 45.jpg

First is without damascus shop,
Second is with your mod,
last is damascus with illy's armor... the blurring I added since this is not an adult forum. I have to believe that it's a conflict between the two mods, and probably nothing you were aware of.
neildarkstar
Jac's Hero of the Day
Jac's Hero of the Day

Next

Return to Slaanesh's Mods