[WIP] Gypsy Van 2.0

A place to download and discuss Neildarkstar's mods. No adult content please.

[WIP] Gypsy Van 2.0

Postby neildarkstar » Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:28 pm

I am working on an upgrade to the Gypsy Van. When completed, the new version will feature a ridable draught horse that will actually pull the van, and I'm thinking an interior that is just a tad larger... though not enough so to be unbelievable. The main obstacle to an early release is scripting issues, but as it stands, the folowing options or features are available.

1. A very nice looking draught horse originally created by Cait and generously provided for use here by Kagz. Wanna see a pic?

DraughthorseMGE 23.jpg

2. The horse will work in the following modes while pulling the van: Run or walk, can be ridden or will follow.

3. The horse is unharnessed when camp is set up. In this mode the horse can be: ridden at run or walk while leaving the van in place for use whenever you decide to return to it.

4. At this point the horse does not fight, and so is not a target for enemies. If anyone will provide feedback giving a preference on this aspect, I will let majority rule in the end as to whether or not it stays this way.

Also, if anyone has features they would like included in 2.0, this is the place to discuss them.

So, last, and just for the fun of it, if anyone who is currently using the Gypsy Van would like to post screenshots they feel are interesting, funny, or just pretty regarding use of the Gypsy Van, feel free to post them here.

Here's my first contribution:

Sump'ins gotta go.jpg
"If you want to make God laugh, tell Him your plans." - Movie "Flypaper"
neildarkstar
Jac's Hero of the Day
Jac's Hero of the Day

Re: [WIP] Gypsy Van 2.0

Postby Kagz » Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:46 pm

:biggrin: All the stuff in the van lol hehe.

Sounds great and i am looking forward to it. :shades:
As far as the horse fighting goes, i dont know lol.
To me personally, it wouldnt be important, but it may be to others.
I think you have to make it, so if its attacked it will do something
and not just stand there, maybe just run away or something :biggrin:

:drunk:
Kagz
Protector

Postby neildarkstar » Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:51 pm

Oh, it fights if attacked, and it will come after the PC if he attacks it accidentally or otherwise. What I meant is that it doesn't fight for the Player.
neildarkstar
Jac's Hero of the Day
Jac's Hero of the Day

Postby Kagz » Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:57 pm

neildarkstar wrote:Oh, it fights if attacked, and it will come after the PC if he attacks it accidentally or otherwise. What I meant is that it doesn't fight for the Player.

Ah, ok i misunderstood.
Yes i think thats fair that it doesnt fight for the player.
Although you can bet some will disagree. :shrug:

:drunk:
Kagz
Protector

Postby DARoot » Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:03 pm

I think this is a great idea, and mod concept, Neildarkstar!

Many of us remember "Daggerfall," where (at some point) the Player could obtain a horse and cart to carry stuff (and move more quickly than walking, even when (the cart) was burdened.
You'd drive up to a tomb, or dungeon, or whatever, leave the horse & cart parked outside, go in and clean the place out (sometimes it took several trips) and stow the accumulated swag in the cart. Then drive back to civilization (no Player could EVER carry that much loot on their own) and sell, or store, whatever you garnered.

Being able to sleep (safely) in the Gypsy Van is just an added bonus.
[Errr... the horse would be on his own, so he SHOULD be able to at least defend himself ... unless you wish to bring him inside, which I wouldn't recommend ...]

Players just need to be careful not to fill up their Van with so much junk that it starts to look like MY room ....

Looking forward to this one.
:biggrin:
DARoot
DARoot

Postby neildarkstar » Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:53 pm

I've never played Daggerfall, so I wouldn't know about the carts it used. It sounds a lot like what I have in mind for the Van though.

No S'mores, stupid horse....jpg
neildarkstar
Jac's Hero of the Day
Jac's Hero of the Day

Postby Dana Nova Darko » Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:02 am

Wow, you're really bringing this thing beyond what the initial concept appeared to be! I'm going to download it and take a look at it, but I'm notoriously bad with any kind of companion for more than one sitting, and then I lose them somehow. Question: why is the interior of the van a star field? Am I seeing that correctly?
Dana Nova Darko
Journeyman

Title: The Architect

Postby neildarkstar » Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:59 am

Yeah, the interior roof is patterned to be a brightly colored representation of a night sky, following the Gypsy traditions of bright colored interiors and astrology and fortune telling. It's not actually sky, of course... well, probably not..., well, it might be... :)

The Gypsy van download at this point does not have the horse, though, that's why this is a WIP. I'm using a working version with a horse, but it has some things I need to straighten out before it's released. It's usable as is, but rough. The horse and van are always recoverable, though they are meant to be used together, separately, or just left behind as a base.
neildarkstar
Jac's Hero of the Day
Jac's Hero of the Day

Return to Neildarkstar's Mods