[WIP] Wolflie companion

A place to download and discuss my mods. No adult content please.

[WIP] Wolflie companion

Postby Jac » Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:18 am

Wolfie is a Nord companion I've been working on for what seems forever because I keep putting it down. After hearing Elaura boot up Morrowind again, I decided to start working on it again. Anyway, he's been hired by Caius to assist you in the Main Quest because Caius is worried about your safety.

Wolfie's skills are:

Majors:
Heavy armor
Marksman
Axe
Blunt
Block

Minors:
Restoration
Medium armor
Hand-to-hand
Athletics
Unarmored

Wolfie and Jasmine will have special banter with each other if both are installed. Some sample dialog:

"Oh that's just wonderful, kid! *Now* you're a clanfriend and can go see this all wise and knowing Nibani Maesa. Excuse me while I collect my enthusiasm. [Stares off into space] Okay, I'm ready."

"What? Caius wants you to do what, kid? Assault a Six House Base? [Shrugs] What are we waiting for then? Go talk to that Raesa Pullia woman first, though. Those Legion types may not be very bright, but they do know how to fill out paperwork."

"[Eyes you] No wonder Caius wanted you to join him, the Emporer thinks you're the Nerevarine. How does it feel, kid? I'm glad I'm not in your shoes, I can tell you that. Just remember that you're still a mortal no matter what everybody else calls you. You get cut, you bleed. If you bleed too much, well, Azura will have to find another champion."

"[Holds up a hand] Now hold up, kid. I thought the Emperor said you *were* the Nerevarine. What's this about you're not being her, but can become her? I thought the Emperor had the final say in such matters. [Winks at Jasmine] That was a joke, Jasmine. You know, humor? Or did the Legion forget to teach you about that?"
Jac
The Boss

Location: Somewhere on the left side of insanity, the right side was taken.
Title: Elder Wolf

Re: [WIP] Wolflie companion

Postby Miserina » Wed Dec 21, 2011 6:01 am

Nice. "Sixth House" base by the way, not "Six House."

I'm looking forward to him. Jasmine is pretty much my favorite companion. Even when I get sick of Laura or my slaves and all them running around with me, I still tend to take Jasmine with me, even if I do have to stop and resurrect her every other hour.
Miserina
Journeyman

Title: Dea Tenebrarum

Postby Jac » Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:33 pm

Miserina wrote:Nice. "Sixth House" base by the way, not "Six House."

Like I told Elaura, I'll do grammatical and spelling fixes later. :mockery:

I'm looking forward to him. Jasmine is pretty much my favorite companion. Even when I get sick of Laura or my slaves and all them running around with me, I still tend to take Jasmine with me, even if I do have to stop and resurrect her every other hour.

I'm glad you like her. :shades: If you're comfortable with messing around with a bit of scripting, I'll send you a pm on how to increase her health per level. Also, remember that she can wear medium armor and that the MCP fixed the CE bug with NPCs changing cells, so you can give her a CE item that restores her health.
Jac
The Boss

Postby Elaura » Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:26 pm

I don't have the problem of her dying too often because I always make her a ranged fighter. Then again, I don't play on highest difficulty.
Available for weddings, funerals, hand fasting, and baptisms.
Elaura
Chaplain

Title: Mrs.

Postby Jac » Wed Dec 21, 2011 6:56 pm

"Yes, yes, don't harm the inmates because we all know they really run the asylum."

Some pictures by me and Elaura.

On the Prison Ship.jpg
Wolfie and Jasmine on the prison ship.

Outside of Vivec's palace.jpg
Elaura's in the background. I was play testing the mod.

Wolfie 1.jpg
Wolfie and Elaura (play testing)

WOMEN!.jpg
Women!
Jac
The Boss

Postby Miserina » Fri Dec 23, 2011 8:38 am

Hah~ It hardly helps to make her a ranged fighter. I give her a bow made from corrupted souls or some absurdity that deals 70 damage a hit and a never ending quiver full of exploding frost arrows, and she still has a horrible tendency to get murdered anytime I wade into battle with more than a dozen foes.

The medium armor doesn't help much either. I've got about twenty full sets of this chainmail crap that you could stop a couple tank rounds with. It's not like she's 'that' weak, or heaven forbid, underequipped for the challenges she faces, it's just that there's no reasonable way to rise to the challenges that I face.

I'm not even sure which one or which half dozen of my mods it is that interacts in such a way as to make my game completely insane to deal with, but sometimes I swear as I'm walking through a daedric ruin that I could pull out a twenty gigawatt man-portable surface to air ship-killer railgun firing rods of collapsed matter from a neutron star and still have to be Blinking around the place and burning through an absurd collection of custom scrolls in order to make it out alive again.

I've seriously made a couple of custom scrolls which are just all the elemental damage effects at about a thousand points each for ten seconds at a time, at some ridiculous insane cost of like 120,000 gold a piece, and wound up having to fire them off because some freaking daedra lord showed up and opened its assault by summoning thirty allies and drawing a flaming blade which can cut a shadow from the floor and echoes with the whispers of the damned.

But anyway, yeah, always looking forward to having some more useless cannon fodder I can drag around with me to show off my most expensive armor on.

And... hmm... if her health by level is increased by a script... maybe I 'could' just go in and multiply that all by ten.

What I REALLY wish I could get my hands on though, is a way to make a character "Essential" in the style of some of the later Bethesda games. Where even if you slice their damned heads off, they just fall unconscious for a bit and go " 'Tis only a scratch!" when they leap back to their feet a minute later to keep asskicking.
Miserina
Journeyman

Title: Dea Tenebrarum

Postby neildarkstar » Mon Dec 26, 2011 12:42 am

Whatever that mod is, it sure sounds like fun...
:biggrin:
"If you want to make God laugh, tell Him your plans." - Movie "Flypaper"
neildarkstar
Jac's Hero of the Day
Jac's Hero of the Day

Postby Jac » Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:26 pm

I've started playing Morrwind again and will be getting back to this soon. Right now, Wolfie comments on the MQ up to the Six House Base. It's a little slow going because I'm adding in commentary by Jasmine (if she's following) as well as I go so I don't have to add it in afterwards.
Jac
The Boss

Postby Dragon Wench » Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:57 pm

I'm really looking forward to this mod.
Oddly, I was just thinking the other day that I wish you'd make a male companion for Morrowind. I do like both Wulfren and Julan, but at times I find the former a little too sweet for my tastes and the latter a touch too much like a bratty teenager :D
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe:
Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion;
I've watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate.
All those moments ... will be lost ... in time ... like tears in rain.
Dragon Wench
Journeyman

Postby Mr.Shadow1234 » Fri Aug 08, 2014 6:48 am

I am patiently waiting for him, and Jac, you'd better change the name to Wolv, because I think it does sound cooler and Wolfie is too direct (for my tastes), it is up to you, because he is your mod. If you need help, I will be glad to contribute, though I suspect it wont be much.

Shadow
Mr.Shadow1234
Protector

Title: Reaper

Next

Return to Jac's Mods