[RELZ/BETA] Morte in Skyrim

A place to download and discuss my mods. No adult content please.

Re: [RELZ/BETA] Morte in Skyrim

Postby Jac » Sun Feb 01, 2015 7:17 pm

New version up.

Removed Morte from the default follower's faction to prevent other mods from interferring with his AI.
Gave Morte a summonable horse. He should summon and mount it whenever you're ridding and unsummon it when you dismount. It may take a few moments for him to mount and dismount.
Added new dialog.
Added in additional voice files for Morte that were missing. Hopefully I have all of the lines now.
Changed Morte's recall tooth to either summon him behind you or dismiss and send him home.
Added in configurable combat options. You can now have Morte not attack enemies on sight or avoid combat all-together.
Added in two conversations concerning recruiting Lydia. You'll need to rest between conversations for the scenes to activate.
Added in a conversation about a dead dragon after you kill one with Morte along. This conversation should only happen once.
Added idle comments concerning marriage. Take his advice with a grain of salt. Better yet, just ignore it completely.
Jac
The Boss

Location: Somewhere on the left side of insanity, the right side was taken.
Title: Elder Wolf

Postby Kingpix » Mon Feb 02, 2015 3:18 pm

Just in time! :goodjob:
Kingpix
Associate

Postby Jac » Tue Feb 03, 2015 12:43 am

Hot fix uploaded! If you're having issues with Morte not talking to you properly in the Dead Man's Drink or constantly flirting with Uthgerd, overwrite the esp with the hotfix.
Jac
The Boss

Postby Mr.Shadow1234 » Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:24 am

Ahh, okay, where's the link? Or do I have to download it from the nexus?

Shadow
Mr.Shadow1234
Protector

Title: Reaper

Postby Jac » Tue Feb 03, 2015 2:06 pm

It's in the OP, Shadow.
Jac
The Boss

Postby neildarkstar » Wed Feb 04, 2015 8:30 am

Okay, I downloaded and installed it, but it was a little confusing. The version I already had was 2_22, and the apparently new version is 2_2, which on the surface of it would seem to be an older version than 2_22... I hope I've got the right one, eh? :)
"If you want to make God laugh, tell Him your plans." - Movie "Flypaper"
neildarkstar
Jac's Hero of the Day
Jac's Hero of the Day

Postby Jac » Wed Feb 04, 2015 11:07 am

You did, Neil, I named the file wrong. :facepalm: Make sure you grab the smaller file as well because it fixes Morte not greeting you properly in the Dead Man's Drink.
Jac
The Boss

Postby neildarkstar » Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:49 am

Yeah, I used the Hotfix.

Well, I've spent a couple of days with Morte and my new character "Dirty Mary" and I have a couple of things to mention. I'm not sure what the ramifications are, though.

First, I still get one bit of dialogue (so far) that is captioned but not spoken. It occurs during the first meeting with Morte (which otherwise seemed to go off perfectly), and it's the statement about "let's shake a leg".

Okay, so right after I finish joining up with Morte, the innkeeper immediately begins insisting that I need to leave. There';s no explanation for this that I can discern, unless it's simple discrimination against people with undead companions. At any rate, I spoke to her and rented a room and the demands that I leave ceased immediately, and hopefully, permanently.

Still being level one or two, I decided to walk back to Riverwood with Morte in tow as a test run, and... it was interesting. Morte kept charging into battle, and I couldn't get any XP, so I set morte to "protected" and told him not to initiate combat. All was well for a while, I stole a horse, and was relieved that Morte didn't get me a bounty out of the deal, and then I returned the horse thereby pleasing the hunter (who didn't even thank me for not eating it instead). I was also impressed by Morte's mount. It showed up, and he mounted up and off we rode like the 7th Cav or something. It should be interesting when I pick up my spectral horse, and we go riding.

We traveled on a for a ways, and then I met a man from St Ives... Eh, sorry, wrong story. We met two vigilantes of Stendarr. I was curious as to how they would react to Morte, but they were cool with it, and we were sitting there on the Group W bench talking about father raping and stuff when SUDDENLY!...

Talsgar the Wanderer charged into the middle of us like a madman, and attacked Morte. Well, Morte seemed as shocked as the rest of us (I could tell by the raised eyebrows) and so I presumed he didn't know this Talsgar guy at all. Morte quickly gathered his wits and began combat with Talsgar, while the two Vigilantes and I sort of backed up and stared slack-jawed at the whole turn of events.

Morte fought bravely, but was just not a match for the bard. Morte ended up taking a knee (making me glad I had just protected him), and then this bastard Talsgar turned and attacked ME! I must say I didn't take kindly to that, and I drew my weapon and proceeded to defend myself, but like Morte, I found Talsgar to be pretty tough. I shortly found myself forced to dive off a boulder down to the lake's very edge, and when I looked back, Talsgar had been engaged by the two vigilantes of Stendarr.

I regrouped and moved back up to where I could join the fray, and I saw that Talsgar had been forced to take a knee. I though perhaps the fight was over, but no... Talsgar shortly drew his sword and attacked the Vigilantes once again, and Morte quickly came to their aid. Unfortunately, Talsgar managed to kill both of the Vigilantes, and renewed his attack on Morte, so I engaged him in combat, and eventually I killed him

That came as a surprise to me because, since he kept taking a knee, I thought he was essential. I guess not, eh? I don't know why he would be protected, I've never seen any opportunity with other characters to take him as a companion, but maybe it has something to do with the College of Bards. I've never done any of the college's questline. I don't know why Talsgar attacked Morte. I do have a small bounty in Windhelm, but we were still in Falkreath territory. Whatever it was about, he won't do it again with this character, eh? :biggrin: Consequently, I don't know if the attack actually had anything to do with Morte or not...

If you want to see it, I have all of this encounter on a video, but I haven't decided yet whether or not to publish it. If you're interested in watching it, I will.
Anyway, later on Morte killed Anise after she attacked me, and I made her cellar home for Morte. I took him into Riverwood, and into the Inn with no issues, and then dismissed him to see where he'd go. He went to his new home with no problem. I haven't tried his tooth yet, but that will be soon.

All in all, I'm really pleased with Morte as a companion, though I kind of prefer companions with pockets who can carry my crap... :biggrin:
neildarkstar
Jac's Hero of the Day
Jac's Hero of the Day

Postby Jac » Fri Feb 06, 2015 12:33 pm

neildarkstar wrote:Yeah, I used the Hotfix.

I found an issue with the Lydia dialog, so let me know if you keep getting his eyebrow dialog if you hire her.

First, I still get one bit of dialogue (so far) that is captioned but not spoken. It occurs during the first meeting with Morte (which otherwise seemed to go off perfectly), and it's the statement about "let's shake a leg".

I swear, I think my HD is eating my voice files. I was planning on redoing that one anyway and it'll be in the next update (not hotfix).

Okay, so right after I finish joining up with Morte, the innkeeper immediately begins insisting that I need to leave. There';s no explanation for this that I can discern, unless it's simple discrimination against people with undead companions. At any rate, I spoke to her and rented a room and the demands that I leave ceased immediately, and hopefully, permanently.

I had the same problem, but she quickly straightened herself out. I haven't touched her, so I don't know what's going on.

Still being level one or two, I decided to walk back to Riverwood with Morte in tow as a test run, and... it was interesting. Morte kept charging into battle, and I couldn't get any XP, so I set morte to "protected" and told him not to initiate combat. All was well for a while, I stole a horse, and was relieved that Morte didn't get me a bounty out of the deal, and then I returned the horse thereby pleasing the hunter (who didn't even thank me for not eating it instead). I was also impressed by Morte's mount. It showed up, and he mounted up and off we rode like the 7th Cav or something. It should be interesting when I pick up my spectral horse, and we go riding.

Morte doesn't care what you do and will never get you a bounty.

We traveled on a for a ways, and then I met a man from St Ives... Eh, sorry, wrong story. We met two vigilantes of Stendarr. I was curious as to how they would react to Morte, but they were cool with it, and we were sitting there on the Group W bench talking about father raping and stuff when SUDDENLY!...

He's not a daedra. :mockery:

Talsgar the Wanderer charged into the middle of us like a madman, and attacked Morte. Well, Morte seemed as shocked as the rest of us (I could tell by the raised eyebrows) and so I presumed he didn't know this Talsgar guy at all. Morte quickly gathered his wits and began combat with Talsgar, while the two Vigilantes and I sort of backed up and stared slack-jawed at the whole turn of events.

I've come across him without any issues. I have had hunters attack me on my last playthrough, but that might be because I ate one of them. :oops:

All in all, I'm really pleased with Morte as a companion, though I kind of prefer companions with pockets who can carry my crap... :biggrin:

Thanks! I"m glad you're enjoying him. :biggrin: As for carrying your crap, go grab Lydia. :mockery:
Jac
The Boss

Postby neildarkstar » Fri Feb 06, 2015 8:07 pm

Houston, we once again have a problem.

I had dismissed Morte and sent him home, then I went and got Convenient Horses as we had discussed (though CH is not likely germain to the issue), and I was going to get Morte and check the speed issue. I used the tooth... Morte shows up, says "You're back! I was tired of floating here, etc. etc." but there is no dialogue option for me, and he doesn't follow. activating him again (and again) has the same result.

I loaded an earlier save, and just went to the cellar to speak to him without the tooth, and I got the same "You're back!" speech again. He won't follow, and he gives me no dialogue options that could make any change. What I'm saying here is, "That dog don't hunt!"
neildarkstar
Jac's Hero of the Day
Jac's Hero of the Day

PreviousNext

Return to Jac's Mods