[REL] Honor and Discipline

A place to download and discuss my mods. No adult content please.

[REL] Honor and Discipline

Postby Jac » Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:56 am

The Elder Scrolls III
MORROWIND: Honor and Discipline

Index:
1. Summary
2. Features
3. Requirements
4. Installation
5. Using the mod
6. Known Issues
7. Use in other mods
8. Unistallation
9. Credits
10. Contact info
11. version history

=======================================
1. SUMMARY
Adds a dual wielding katana (sword and shield) for sale from Sirollus Saccus, the Imperial Legion smith in Ebonheart.

2. FEATURES
Sirollus Saccus now has a sword & shield katana combination for sale. The katanas have a sheath that can be worn on the back; the sheathes are considered medium armor and have a weight of 9 and an AR of 15. The sword's stats are slightly lower than a Daedric Katana and the shield is considered medium armor with a weight of 13 and an AR of 50. You can use the CS to adjust these stats if necessary. Note that dropping the sheathes onto the ground will cause them to disappear. You can drop and pickup Honor if you want the sheathes back.

This mod has been cleaned with TESAME.

3. REQUIREMENTS
Morrowind and Bloodmoon or the Game of the Year (GOTY) edition.

4. INSTALLATION
Extract the file Clean jac_honoranddiscipline.esp to your main Data Files folder.
Extract the \Data Files\Meshes\DLHS folder to your Data Files\Meshes folder.
Extract the \Data Files\Textures\DLHS to your Data Files\Texture folder.
Extract the \Data Files\Icons\DLKat folder to your Data Files\Icons folder.
Click the mod in the Morrowind Data Files launcher.

You can read more information on how to install mods here: http://www.elderscrolls.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=106063&view=findpost&p=1772866

5. Using the mod
Visit Sirollus Saccus and purchase the blade, Honor. Or try to steal it if you're feeling adventurous. A sheath with no blades will be added to your inventory once you purchase the blade. The shield, Discipline, will be added and equipped whenever you equip Honor. Discipline will be removed once you unequip the sword.

6. KNOWN ISSUES
The sheaths use the clavicle body slot and are considered right pauldrons. They also count as armor and will break any quest that requires you to be fully naked (like Crassius). They will disappear if you drop them on the ground.

The shield, Discipline, is removed whenever the sword, Honor, is unequipped and a new copy added whenever the sword is equipped. The shield only has a value of 1 to prevent spam selling.

The sword is placed next to the forge of Sirollus Saccus's shop. If any other weapons, armor or other items are added there by another mod, the sword may clip with them but it is still purchasable.

None of the items provided have an enchantment value to prevent graphical issues. The sword will ignore normal weapon resistance, however.

7. USE IN OTHER MODS
The script is free to use, just credit Melian with the original version. For the meshes, textures and icons contact Dragon Lance either via Great House Fliggerty or the official Elder Scrolls forums.

8. UNINSTALLATION
Uncheck the mod from the launcher.

Delete the file Clean jac_honoranddiscipline.esp.
Delete the \Data Files\Meshes\DLHS folder.
Delete the \Data Files\Textures\DLHS folder.
Delete the \Data Files\Icons\DLKat folder.

9. CREDITS & THANKS
Bethesda for making the game.
Dragon Lance for making the meshes and textures.
Bahamut for modifying the sheathes so that they fit better on the back.
Melian for the original sheathing script I modified for this mod.

10. CONTACT
You may contact me either via email at gulfwulf @ gmail.com or via GHF or the official forums under the username "Jac". If you email me, please put "Honor and Discipline" somewhere in the message title or I may delete it as spam.

11. VERSION HISTORY

Initial release.

Screenshots:

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m313/gulfwulf/Honor%20and%20Discipline/HonorandDiscipline1.jpg
http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m313/gulfwulf/Honor%20and%20Discipline/HonorandDiscipline2.jpg
http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m313/gulfwulf/Honor%20and%20Discipline/HonorandDiscipline3.jpg
http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m313/gulfwulf/Honor%20and%20Discipline/HonorandDiscipline4.jpg

Downloads:

Planet Elder Scrolls
Great House Fliggerty
Jac
The Boss

Location: Somewhere on the left side of insanity, the right side was taken.
Title: Elder Wolf

Re: [REL] Honor and Discipline

Postby Sister » Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:34 pm

Jac, I'm not sure if my PM reached you. I wanted translation permission (german) for this one. Do you allow me to publish it? I'd like to call the katanas Acht and Bann. Acht ist an old word for honor and is still present in the german word Achtung which has two meanings (the second is "Look out") - it means respect. The second word "Bann" means ban or excommunication which is also a word for disciplining. The full joke is: "Acht und Bann" in combinaton has a double meaning and means "to be outlawed". I like this game of words and ask you if I'm allowed to give it to the German community.
Sister
Jac's Hero of the Day
Jac's Hero of the Day

Title: laboratory animal

Postby Jac » Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:29 pm

I didn't get your pm here, Sister, but feel free. Just credit Dragon_Lance for the swords and Bahamut for the sheaths. Without their help, this would have never happened.
Jac
The Boss

Location: Somewhere on the left side of insanity, the right side was taken.
Title: Elder Wolf

Postby Sister » Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:14 am

I will of course. Thanks Jac Image
Sister
Jac's Hero of the Day
Jac's Hero of the Day

Title: laboratory animal

Return to Jac's Mods