Hello from the desk of Sandman101 :)

Stop in and say hi. Tell us who you are. Adult content fine, but normal forum rules apply.

Re: Hello from the desk of Sandman101 :)

Postby Jac » Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:05 pm

IGN shut down FilePlanet and locked out the PES admins from being able to approve new mods. ElricM just shut down completely.
Jac
The Boss

Location: Somewhere on the left side of insanity, the right side was taken.
Title: Elder Wolf

Postby neildarkstar » Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:11 pm

To be fair, Elric had other things going on, and Elric's was hacked mercilessly for months before they called it quits.
"If you want to make God laugh, tell Him your plans." - Movie "Flypaper"
neildarkstar
Jac's Hero of the Day
Jac's Hero of the Day

Postby Drakkmore » Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:59 pm

Oh PES is a long story, but what it amounts to is GREED on the part of IGN, and the fact that not every one was using their forums, but were using the planet forums. And I can not blame them that IGN forum is a junk heap. No good structure to that at all.
The fall of the PES mod hosting side of things took a little longer, and was a bit less graceful on the part of IGN, what they did there is basically they decided to keep it up, as you can still Download mods from there, but they stopped supporting it,and locked out the administrators. So like I said you can still get mods there IF you can find a mod entry that the DL link still works. Also if you have a mod on PES you can update it, but you will be unable to ever upload a new mod to PES.AND it will be impossible to ever create a new login for that site as the staff being locked out of it are not available to approve new members.

The crew of PES did make a new forum, and it is called Fort Elder Scrolls

As for the ElricM site I believe that he just got tired of supporting it,and closed it down.
There is good nowes about both sites,and that is with ElricM All of the mods are available upon request from Oldcow. He backed up the entire database the October before the ElricM site was shut down.
And for PES, Modding History has most of the files from PES, as Fligg wrote a spider program that went through,and Downloaded all of the mods on PES (those that were still available), and uploaded them to Modding History. Plus our new Senior Curator has been putting far more hours then was ever expected of him searching the interwebs trying to find links to the mods form PES that did not survive due to the neglect shown by IGN towards PES.

So that's the story as far as I can recall it.

Also I apologize Sandman for almost highjacking your thread.

Also also Hey welcome to Wolflore Sandman :D
Drakkmore
Jac's Hero of the Day
Jac's Hero of the Day

Postby Sandman101 » Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:44 pm

:wave: @ Soap
Hello Adul, been a while!
:biggrin: Yes Fable I'm the one that assembled the Helluva armor, weapons and books. Though I couldn't have done so without all the fine work from the community. ...and thank you for using them. I'll be updating them in the future. Hopefully with a bunch of OB stuff if I can get permissions.
Hello Pink Piper. Looks like you got the story so.... That leaves us with MMH/Wolflore and nexus :saw: <---- my feelings on nexus

Hey Drakk! :)
Sandman101
Associate

Title: Helluva Modder

Postby Red Herring » Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:12 am

Sandman101 wrote::wave: @ Soap
Hello Adul, been a while!
:biggrin: Yes Fable I'm the one that assembled the Helluva armor, weapons and books. Though I couldn't have done so without all the fine work from the community. ...and thank you for using them. I'll be updating them in the future. Hopefully with a bunch of OB stuff if I can get permissions.
Hello Pink Piper. Looks like you got the story so.... That leaves us with MMH/Wolflore and nexus :saw: <---- my feelings on nexus

Hey Drakk! :)

Nexus is fine, I suppose, if you don't mind digging through a bunch of schlongs and breasts to find the decent stuff. Image

Oh, and welcome aboard Sandman. I'm just a lurker here at Wolflore. /VERY delayed welcome
Image Image Image
Red Herring
Associate

Previous

Return to Member Introductions and Greetings