GRAWL (ME3 spoiler)

Mass Effect series games and game mod discussion. No adult content, please.

Re: GRAWL (ME3 spoiler)

Postby Jac » Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:49 pm

Bioware certainly seems to be taking their sweet time making that expanded ending DLC. At this rate, I could start a new game in ME1 and still finish before it was ready. :toetap:
Jac
The Boss

Location: Somewhere on the left side of insanity, the right side was taken.
Title: Elder Wolf

Postby Jac » Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:30 pm

I got the extended cut DLC and went with the control ending. As much as Bioware seemed to be pushing the synthesis ending as the "correct" ending, I think the control was actually the best: it didn't negate everything I had done up to then like bringing peace to the Geth and Quorians. Seeing the Reapers forced to rebuild what they destroyed was especially nice. :biggrin:
Jac
The Boss

Postby Adul » Sun Jul 01, 2012 7:11 am

I agree, Jac. I'm relieved that BioWare has provided us with more details on what the control ending actually does. Up until the DLC's release all we knew for sure was that Shepard killed himself/herself and that somehow caused the reapers to retreat for some reason. Trying to explain what actually happened took a lot of guesswork. Now we know.

To me all three endings still look like space magic, e.g. there were no signs of these technologies being available to the reapers, and it just seems a little to convenient to find out at the end that they've had it. At least now we understand the effects of what transpired, and that's much better than what we had before.
Adul
Warden

Postby Jac » Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:43 pm

Hopefully in future DLCs Bioware will explore the catalyst more. Personally, I enjoyed shooting the little shit, but I really hate his circular logic: the created will always destroy the creators so I'm going to kill off all of the creators to keep the created from destroying them. What? Anyway, I started a new Engineer in the first game so I'll have time before more DLCs come out. :orcsword:
Jac
The Boss

Postby Adul » Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:18 pm

I have a theory on that one. Here goes:

It's not explained very clearly by the kid, but I think what he meant is that they're killing all galactic civilization to preserve life. According to their logic, synthetic life will ultimately always have one goal - to destroy organic life. So every 50000 years they're destroying any AI-based lifeforms as well as any organics who might be able to build AIs in the near future so that (primitive) life remains safe. I don't know why they would think think that a 50000 year period is not long enough for life to get wiped out, because it clearly is. As for why they are harvesting technology, your guess is as good as mine.
Adul
Warden

Previous

Return to Mass Effect Series