Extended cut release date announced

Mass Effect series games and game mod discussion. No adult content, please.

Extended cut release date announced

Postby Jac » Sat Jun 23, 2012 3:14 pm

I know I'm a bit late, but I just found out about the release date for the extended cut. I hope it's worth the wait.
Jac
The Boss

Location: Somewhere on the left side of insanity, the right side was taken.
Title: Elder Wolf

Re: Extended cut release date announced

Postby Adul » Sat Jun 23, 2012 4:03 pm

I think I'll YouTube this one. But if the new ending is good, that might inspire me to pick up the series once again. We'll see.
Adul
Warden

Postby Jac » Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:32 pm

I liked the control ending. Shooting the kid was a waste, though, and I don't recommend it unless you want to go back through the crap with the Illusive Man to get a different ending. It was worth seeing, but I wasn't happy with it.
Jac
The Boss

Postby Adul » Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:58 am

I think the 3 previously established endings have gotten much better. I didn't think they were salvageable, and BioWare has done a good job at redeeming their game. It seems to me that the indoctrination theory is pretty much disproved though, unless the player community can discover some new obscure evidence to support it.

What I don't understand is the new "refusal" ending. Why did they even bother putting it in if they were going to end on that note? It makes no sense to me - as Shepard you've spent 3 games making your own decisions and your own way, and at the end of it all you're supposed to conform to the choices some reaper AI gives you or face the global extinction of all civilization. Take that for trying to stand up for yourself, Shepard, you should have known how to be a good reaper pet.

:shrug:
Adul
Warden

Postby Jac » Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:15 am

Yeah, the refusal ending kinda pissed me off. The way it was put together was as good as the others, but it was a bit of a slap in the face to have that happen when you refuse to make a choice. If Shepard could have said screw you to the kid, I would have been happy. :biggrin:
Jac
The Boss

Postby soap » Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:34 pm

**** Ending Spoilers **** (of course)

I chose the one where I control the reapers, it was most suiting for my Paragon play style.
As some of you know I played the game recently so I first saw the extended version of my choice. And then and went to see all the original endings followed by their extended counter part.

I have to say, I understand some of people's complaints about the ending of ME3, all the built up and all of a sudden magic ending choices to fix everything. As cliche as it sounds a huge fight and the end would have probably been thematically more fitting.

As for the endings I'm happy with the stuff they added to fix the loose ends. The Green ending, the one where you mix human and machine, I preferred the original ending over the extended. Just because it was more left to my imagination, in my mind creating a new breed of people out of biological and mechanical parts was much more crazy and out there then what they showed.

All in all the Mass Effect series was so amazing I really didn't mind the end, it's like having the best party ever and someone farts at the end, sure it might stick for a small bit, but in the end, everything was so great it really didn't bring down the experience.
photobucket sucks... need to upload a new sig.
soap
Banner God
Banner God

Return to Mass Effect Series