Mass Effect 3

Mass Effect series games and game mod discussion. No adult content, please.

Re: Mass Effect 3

Postby Jac » Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:34 pm

I just read this on PC Gamer:

Bioware’s Chris Priestly has posted on the Bioware forums with confirmation that all copies of Mass Effect will have to be activated using EA’s digital download service, Origin. Priestly also says that while Mass Effect 3 “will be available on Origin and a number of other 3rd party digital retailers,” it won’t be coming to Steam.

The reason is a familiar one. “Steam has adopted a set of restrictive terms of service which limit how developers interact with customers to deliver patches and other downloadable content,” Priestly says. Mass Effect 3 will need to connect to Origin for one-time activation, and there won’t be a limit to the number of installs, but every edition of Mass Effect will need Origin to activate, including retail editions and collector’s editions.
Jac
The Boss

Location: Somewhere on the left side of insanity, the right side was taken.
Title: Elder Wolf

Postby tealpanda » Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:45 am

Not completely off topic:

I started playing a Republic trooper in Star Wars the Old Republic. For some reason my character's voice sounded so familiar.

Then I realized it was Shepard! The same actress who voiced female Shepard was voicing my new character. And that made it even more fun...
tealpanda
Journeyman

Postby Jac » Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:11 am

The Citadel will play a greater role in #3 (from PC Gamer):

After the momentous events at the end of Mass Effect, it was surprising that the sequel didn’t spend much time in the Citadel. Speaking to OXM, lead writer Mac Walters has said that the huge station that forms the galactic centre of government will form a bigger part of Mass Effect 3.

“There was a Mass Effect 2 plot that was a kind of callback to the first Mass Effect that was going to be on the Citadel, and we cut it. But now it’s made a resurrection in Mass Effect 3,” says Walters. “That’s the nice thing about trilogies, sometimes you get a second chance.” Hopefully it won’t be a sequel to the Keeper scanning side quest.

Walters also talks about the difficulties of writing Mass Effect 3, particularly the difficulties of writing around the fact that any number of former companions and crew members may be dead or absent at the start of the third game. “They’re more hurdles. Sometimes they’re hurdles that we’ve given ourselves, so we kind of smack ourselves in the head and say ‘What the hell were we thinking? Why did we do that?’”
Jac
The Boss

Postby Pace » Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:43 pm

I only have one question, who here has played ME3? (I would try and attempt to write a review of the game, but I am still stunned over the ending).
Pace
Associate

Postby Jac » Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:13 pm

I haven't but I've heard about the ending. I'm thinking that it'll be expanded on via a DLC like how Lair of the Shadow Broker & Arrival bridged the gap between #2 & #3. I plan on getting it, it's just a question on when we can afford it.
Jac
The Boss

Postby Pace » Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:56 pm

Yah, the so called ending for ME3 has caused a literal spit storm of biblical proportions(seriously it has its own twitter movement, even spawned off a nice little charity contribution ((nearing 50k usd in 2 days o.0))) But everything up till the end is pretty much great to smacking that awsome button.

Oh back to why I was asking if anyone has ME3 was to see if we could get a nice little multiplayer going on, I have to admit all the cool kids come here XD
Pace
Associate

Postby MadocMayhem » Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:47 pm

Multiplayer and intro only.. Sorry been a slave to online gaming lately.

Multiplayer is disappointing but still fun.. Should have had more content.
Looking at the intro I found it a tad hard boiled and really easy to see exactly what surprises were coming plot wise.
Going to give it a whirl then go back and run the three together I think.
Won, to, free, eye sore a monk key on a tire.
MadocMayhem
Supreme Court Jester

Location: If I said under and over, around and through, up and down. This way and that, would you believe me?
Title: Sir, Lord, Hey you!

Postby Pengy » Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:21 am

Pengy is on second run. Pengy first played RenMaleSol, now playing ParFemInf, tee hee!

Not impressed by ME3 ending. Not even a cool end boss like in ME2.
"With combat knife, bolt gun and grenade, the Space Marine shall assail his foes. The chain sword is the will of the Space Marine made manifest."
Pengy
Journeyman

Title: Penguin

Previous

Return to Mass Effect Series