What is this place and who is Elaura?

Delicate thoughts of a dangerous mind.

Re: What is this place and who is Elaura?

Postby Elaura » Fri May 17, 2013 12:39 am

Neil, it just means my detractors are pretentious bastards, really.

ST, I'm with you! I'll hit them in the shins with my cane and then you can run them over while they're not looking.

:lol:
Available for weddings, funerals, hand fasting, and baptisms.
Elaura
Chaplain

Title: Mrs.

Postby Jac » Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:23 am

Just wanted to let everybody know that E is still alive, but is currently feeling very anti-social. It isn't that she doesn't love you anymore (she never did), she just doesn't want to deal with people right now. I'll try to drag her back here when I can, but don't expect it to be anytime soon. :dramaqueen:
Jac
The Boss

Location: Somewhere on the left side of insanity, the right side was taken.
Title: Elder Wolf

Postby Spirited Treasure » Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:27 am

I wait patiently in the corner.. I'll be the one killing my mannequins. :hug: for Elaura ...
I am but a fragment cast apart from the whole.
A bit of flotsam to cling to in the storm.

I am a fly in the ointment, I am a whisper in the shadows.
I am also an old old woman. More than that you need not know.

Step carefully. No path is darker than when your eyes are shut.
-Flemeth, Asha'Bellanar, Witch of the Wilds
Spirited Treasure
Defender

Title: Free Spirit

Postby Elaura » Tue Aug 26, 2014 3:51 pm

Thanks, ST. :hug: I have a very embarrassing psycho-social condition: transient, recurring, major misanthropy. I'm pretty sure it has some other pseudo-scientific name in the DSM V . . . something innocuous like recurrent major depression . . . but when I was diagnosed, I had no idea it extended to the written word as well. I always thought I just didn't feel like being around people, now, even though I could pull the cordless phone and my laptop under the covers with me, I still don't feel like turning them on.

Lucky for Jac my favorite games are single-player and he doesn't count as someone I can't bring myself to interact with, otherwise I'd probably end up under the guest-bed for the duration.

The coming-out-of-it stage is always amusing, though. I talked to a lady I do business with and had to explain to her about the long string of paper-thin excuses my family was using to get rid of her when she called every day for a week. One of those,0 I know that you know that they were making excuses, but don't be surprised when it happens again.

Humph, and Social Security still thinks I could find gainful employment. :chinscratch:
Available for weddings, funerals, hand fasting, and baptisms.
Elaura
Chaplain

Title: Mrs.

Postby Adul » Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:20 pm

I can sympathize with you, E, as I'm quite anti-social myself. Generally speaking this forum, some podcasts I'm listening to, and the occasional social visit with family or a friend are the things that are responsible for keeping my human interaction quota up to the minimum level required for sanity. I don't think I've been to a non-socially-necessitated party since I was a preteen. These sorts of feelings always used to irk me in the past, but I've learned to accept them which, in my experience, makes them a hell of a lot easier to deal with.
Adul
Warden

Postby Spirited Treasure » Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:21 pm

Well lots of times I don't feel like talking to anyone.. -g- Don't worry about it Elaura.. :hug: Glad you are back -s-
I am but a fragment cast apart from the whole.
A bit of flotsam to cling to in the storm.

I am a fly in the ointment, I am a whisper in the shadows.
I am also an old old woman. More than that you need not know.

Step carefully. No path is darker than when your eyes are shut.
-Flemeth, Asha'Bellanar, Witch of the Wilds
Spirited Treasure
Defender

Title: Free Spirit

Postby Raym » Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:50 am

Same here. After two weeks living together for the summer holydays, my current girlfriend was surprised of how little I like being around other people, even though I'm a salesman and a pleasant person. Eh, I'm very picky. :mockery:

Well, it's good to have you here again Elaura! :hug:
Feel free to stay or go any way you feel like. Like Jung said, "I don't regret the people I lost over time but the time I wasted with some people. Because people were not mine, but my time was."
I don't have a dirty mind. I just have a sexy imagination.
Raym
Lurker Extraordinarie

Previous

Return to Welcome to my parlor . . .