To myspace or not to myspace?

Delicate thoughts of a dangerous mind.

Re: To myspace or not to myspace?

Postby PiNK PiPER » Sat Jun 08, 2013 2:10 pm

Tumblr is the fastest growing social network right now. It was just bought out by Yahoo. Last week on PBS Charlie Rose he had the young man who founded it and he told his story. Kinda amazing really.

Tumblr is the place to be now that all the parents are on Facebook, all the kids are running to Tumblr. The format does look more like a blog mixed into twitter; a hybrid of each I guess.

I too recommend closing your MySpace account. I never liked MySpace or Facebook but I do like Twitter and I am thinking about opening a http://pinterest.com/ account.

Although if you want to blog then https://www.tumblr.com/ is for you. It is basically a new take on blogging :goodjob:
PiNK PiPER

Postby Spirited Treasure » Sat Jun 08, 2013 3:32 pm

I know someone who browses for images on Tumblr and got a virus there.
I am but a fragment cast apart from the whole.
A bit of flotsam to cling to in the storm.

I am a fly in the ointment, I am a whisper in the shadows.
I am also an old old woman. More than that you need not know.

Step carefully. No path is darker than when your eyes are shut.
-Flemeth, Asha'Bellanar, Witch of the Wilds
Spirited Treasure
Defender

Title: Free Spirit

Postby soap » Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:56 pm

Elaura wrote:..... I checked it out and was actually considering using it again, because I have contacts there that I don't have anywhere else. ......

Isn't it amazing how you can loose contact with a bunch of people just with the downfall of a social medium? I used to chat with lots of people on MSN, and now their all gone. I bet most of them just created new accounts on Skype, or where already using it.

I ported my MSN account to skype, but all my MSN contacts are offline, I guess I need their Skype usernames now.

What kills me is the constant shifting to different networks, only joined MSN because everyone was there, didn't care for it. Got into myspace, but now it's dead. Only use facebook because some family members want to keep in easy touch with me. (which is next to never really)

Now youtube accounts upgrade to Google + so you have another Social page.
.... I wish I could just delete the lot of them, and start fresh, but wasn't able to kill Facebook. My profile reactivated itself ... I was like what?! so I decided to manage it.

Found a site which stole my facebook images (somehow) and then asked me to login, I was like, I never created this, so I clicked forgot password. never got an e-mail. so I guess it wanted me to enter my pass to STEAL it! yay.

Back on track. Too many social media's and to much swapping. everyone should just use what they like, and ignore the rest. ... ... but I guess you might get lonely on Myspace now a days.
<3 GoG.com
soap
Banner God
Banner God

Postby Adul » Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:44 pm

The same applies for online games, people also leave those behind as soon as they grow bored with them. I used to play Guild Wars a couple years ago, and for a time I was in a guild, and a really good community at that. And surely enough, as the game grew older and older more and more people stopped logging in. I think I was the last one that left. I'll probably never again speak to any of my friends there, and that sucks.

Outside of that and a couple of forums not unlike Wolflore, I've never really gotten too involved in any online communities/social networking sites.
Adul
Warden

Postby PiNK PiPER » Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:51 pm

Well I have to say I love Twitter but I dislike all the other social networks. I really hate Facebook and what it has turned into. I don't even update it anymore, like for a few years now. I just use it to stay in touch with family. I use twitter for my friends and I happily come here for my Oblivion addiction. I have been a member in almost every TES community site but this place is by far the most fun :wolf:
PiNK PiPER

Postby soap » Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:04 pm

I hear yeah Adul, myself I played the crap out of GW, I think some player over did it, and got sick of it quiker, I always played just what I felt like, but after 6 years of playing, I naturally got into other things. But by then it had been 2,3 years or so everyone else I played with left.

I sort of got used to people moving on to other things, so I get attached, but I don't get to sad when people move on, it's part of the game.
My Xfire list used to be full and quite active, I had to meet new people because everyone I knew has gone.

I like Twitter, but I don't use it much, I mostly just follow people. https://twitter.com/SoappDX and not frequently.. just once in a while.
<3 GoG.com
soap
Banner God
Banner God

Postby Elaura » Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:28 pm

Indecision FTW! I've decided to change my password, my email, and double check my security settings and leave it alone for now. When I looked at my friends list, I decided I didn't want to lose those pictures or comments and I don't feel like backing them all up right now, so I'll keep it for a while longer.

Thanks for all your input, everyone. Feel free to continue the social networking conversation. It's really very interesting.
Available for weddings, funerals, hand fasting, and baptisms.
Elaura
Chaplain

Title: Mrs.

Previous

Return to Welcome to my parlor . . .