I'm back!

Delicate thoughts of a dangerous mind.

Re: I'm back!

Postby neildarkstar » Thu Jan 07, 2016 7:42 pm

My 3rd wife, a truly fine gal, had some kind of infection that forced a hysterectomy after we'd been together for about 3 years. She didn't seem to have many issues afterward, but she was tough as nails to start with. I remember she took estrogen for a while, and she was a bit afraid of growing a beard. She had reason to fear, the women in her family other than her had thick mustaches and sideburns... Er, thick for women, eh?

She had small breasts to begin with, and she was worried about losing what little size she had. Two peas on an ironing board was he way she herself described her bust. I heard she got implants ten years or so after we split up, but I don't think she actually did get any smaller.

Anyway, she stopped taking the estrogen after a few months and the subject was never brought up again. I tend to believe that so very much depends on the person's physical makeup, mental attitude, and determination that it's very hard to predict the long-term effects of any procedure more complicated than a tonsillectomy.
"If you want to make God laugh, tell Him your plans." - Movie "Flypaper"
neildarkstar
Jac's Hero of the Day
Jac's Hero of the Day

Postby Elaura » Thu Jan 07, 2016 8:48 pm

That's good to know, neil. I don't want to create false drama like some reality TV star with a script, but I wonder how many women who have had hysterectomies figure since it's over and done, there's nothing to whine about now? Women I meet everyday still say it's nothing. Either they've had one and don't know what all the fuss is about or they want one just to not have to worry about menstruating and contraception.

On the other hand, I've heard these words from women who weren't particularly sexual to start with.They weren't concerned about reduced libido or infrequent orgasms because they already had little libido and either infrequent or non-existent orgasms. I know a lot of women look at menopause as the great relief. My mother was like that. She was glad when she no longer "had" to have sex because she never enjoyed it in the first place. My grandmother had no issues with her hysterectomy and never bothered to take hormones because her sex life was over before the procedure.

I'm not like that. I'm among a number of "modern" women who have expectations concerning sex. I'm practical, I know what is and isn't possible for me, but I don't want to lose it entirely. I'd rather lose my boobs than my desire to have sex, or, heaven forbid, by ability to actually have an orgasm. I also happen to know my body well enough to feel the difference between a "clitoral" orgasm and a full-on muscle-contracting climax. While I don't believe the sky would fall and I'd spiral into an inescapable depression if I physically couldn't do it anymore, but it's so much more of a risk than just taking out a few organs I'm not using anyway.

Funny thing is, until my mother gave me her warning, I was one of those women who thought nothing of losing the whole kit and caboodle as long as there was a drug I could take to keep me looking like a woman. I have learned otherwise and, of course, that means I have an actual decision to make. Well, I'll find out more on the 26th. The VA has finally granted me an audience with a real, honest-to-God gynecologist. OKC, of course, but at least there's a chance we'll learn something new.
Available for weddings, funerals, hand fasting, and baptisms.
Elaura
Chaplain

Title: Mrs.

Postby neildarkstar » Thu Jan 07, 2016 9:10 pm

I can't possibly know all of the answers to the effects of a hysterectomy, but let me tell tales out of school about my third wife once again. She was gorgeous, really and from beginning to end she had no lack of desire. It wasn't unusual for me to wake up in the morning in the middle of a sexual encounter, if you see what I mean. To this day, I can still her green eyes burning with a kind of fire as she leaned over me... Damn, seems I still love her too... and it's been nearly thirty years...

Ahem, well again I think it comes back to the individual. I suspect that a healthy libido won't be lessened unduly if one tries to keep the fire going.
"If you want to make God laugh, tell Him your plans." - Movie "Flypaper"
neildarkstar
Jac's Hero of the Day
Jac's Hero of the Day

Postby Elaura » Sat Jan 09, 2016 12:53 am

That is encouraging. Thanks neil! Test went well today. The tech said the doc would look at the pictures and call me immediately if there was anything worrisome, but if not she'd call me sometime next week. No call today, so I feel better about it. I'll keep researching, but there is nothing more valuable than anecdotal information as far as I'm concerned.
Available for weddings, funerals, hand fasting, and baptisms.
Elaura
Chaplain

Title: Mrs.

Previous

Return to Welcome to my parlor . . .