Breast size and cultural impact

Common sense, isn't.

Re: Breast size and cultural impact

Postby Spirited Treasure » Sat May 25, 2013 4:09 pm

Well whomever willing to trade can have my big'uns and I'll take the two peas on an ironing board :lol: I've always disliked mine.
I am but a fragment cast apart from the whole.
A bit of flotsam to cling to in the storm.

I am a fly in the ointment, I am a whisper in the shadows.
I am also an old old woman. More than that you need not know.

Step carefully. No path is darker than when your eyes are shut.
-Flemeth, Asha'Bellanar, Witch of the Wilds
Spirited Treasure
Defender

Title: Free Spirit

Postby neildarkstar » Sat May 25, 2013 4:23 pm

PiNK PiPER wrote:Keep in mind the words, "on the whole" because a large part of the test focuses on the symmetry of the face and it concludes that certain features are considered attractive across cultural lines like high cheekbones, olive shaped eyes, a specific measurement between the eyes, long hair and a roundish face. But yes, studies do suggest that humans agree who is and isn’t attractive, both within and across ethnicity and culture. Attraction is not merely in the eye of the beholder but that there are universal standards of attractiveness. Both men and women rated symmetrical members of the opposite sex as more attractive and in better health than their less symmetrical counterparts. Additionally, men with a higher degree of symmetry had more sexual partners than men of lower symmetry.

neildarkstar wrote:While the indication that the Taiwanese and Filipino population may be less influenced by some features, that is not to say that they are NOT influenced. And to say that exposure to Western media does not influence attractiveness, is perhaps misleading.

Perhaps, perhaps not. However I infer this to support my point that these Asian men still preferred short woman with small breasts. We could even look at our own gaming addiction as an experiment and go look at the body mods over at the Nexus and what do we find? BBB body mods mostly used by western men and AA body mods mostly used by Asian men. You point of exaggerated body proportions is noted here (BBB body mods) but my point of short bodies is also exaggerated with all the x117 mbp+ races that are available.

Indeed, I was initially surprised by the popularity of small-breasted body mods. Though I did notice that there was a fairly high percentage of female players who desired the more "athletic" looking bodies. Then too, one must consider relativity to satisfy Mr Einstein... That is that bust size is relative in proportion to body size.

Interestingly, breast augmentation/implants is a fairly popular procedure among Asian ladies, so I must presume they don't agree that Asian men want tiny boobies in their wine (I say, that's a Don Ho joke, son, a joke I say...). On investigation, I found that in general, where Western women would look to increase from an A to a C or D, Asian women are looking to go to a size much smaller. The result though is that a small Asian woman with an increase to a"B" cup looks proportionally similar to one of the more curvacious models, where going to a "C" would make her look unnatural, or fake.

Consider the lowly grapefruit. Cut one in half and slap it on a Western woman, and she will look small-busted. Slap that same poor fruit on an Asian woman's chest, and it would look proportionally larger. Based on that, it would appear that Asian women simply want the same symmetry as a Caucasian.

About facial imprinting... My mother was old (relatively) when I was born. She was 44, so my real mental images of her are all mostly after she was 53 or 54. One day (when I was about 18) I was looking through an old family photo album, and I was amazed to see a picture of my first wife, dressed in very old-fashioned clothing and in an obviously very old photo. Turned out it was a picture of my mother at age 17, but the resemblance was uncanny.

About those terribly stupid carpenters... I've never considered myself attractive or handsome, yet all of my life women (for reasons known only to themselves) have been the bane of my existence. I've never managed to remain a happy bachelor for more than a few months, and while I'm not bragging, I have been with many women. I have to say this... In all the years, I have met only ONE vagina that I didn't like, that sent me scurrying away never to return. That wasn't about appearance, but smell was the reason for my flight.

The only way I find women repulsive is if they spent too many years on crystal meth, have a cleft palette, and an IQ less than Forrest Gump. I've always felt... grateful, I suppose... to those women who chose to share their time (and body) with me. Did you ever see my pic of Jan in the Skyrim screenshot thread?

Check it out, and read the short description I put with it. First photo of the first page... it's another uncanny likeness.
viewtopic.php?f=49&t=1630
"If you want to make God laugh, tell Him your plans." - Movie "Flypaper"
neildarkstar
Jac's Hero of the Day
Jac's Hero of the Day

Postby PiNK PiPER » Sat May 25, 2013 6:45 pm

Spirited Treasure wrote:Well whomever willing to trade can have my big'uns and I'll take the two peas on an ironing board :lol: I've always disliked mine.

You got a deal but I only need one of them :biggrin: I'm too small to have big boobs but I do wish they were bigger.

neildarkstar wrote:Indeed, I was initially surprised by the popularity of small-breasted body mods. Though I did notice that there was a fairly high percentage of female players who desired the more "athletic" looking bodies. Then too, one must consider relativity to satisfy Mr Einstein... That is that bust size is relative in proportion to body size.

Ya I guess... I always associated breast size with hip size. I have seen many short women with big boobs and a wide butt. Also many models are very tall and skinny with small boobs. But I guess on average it probably works out.

neildarkstar wrote:Consider the lowly grapefruit...
HAHAHAHA :bouncy:

neildarkstar wrote:Based on that...
omg rlmfsao you're too funny hehehehe

neildarkstar wrote:About facial imprinting... My mother was old (relatively) when I was born. She was 44, so my real mental images of her are all mostly after she was 53 or 54. One day (when I was about 18) I was looking through an old family photo album, and I was amazed to see a picture of my first wife, dressed in very old-fashioned clothing and in an obviously very old photo. Turned out it was a picture of my mother at age 17, but the resemblance was uncanny.

Ya that's a really cool story. They also say that babies born to older parents marry older than babies born to younger parents who marry very young. Interestingly babies born to young parents cry more often when they see older faces than their parents. Almost all babies become upset when a an elderly person comes into their view. Although the elderly love to look at babies they don't realize their wrinkles and distorted face are scaring them to death :biggrin:

neildarkstar wrote: I've never considered myself attractive or handsome, yet all of my life women (for reasons known only to themselves) have been the bane of my existence. I've never managed to remain a happy bachelor for more than a few months, and while I'm not bragging, I have been with many women. I have to say this... In all the years, I have met only ONE vagina that I didn't like, that sent me scurrying away never to return. That wasn't about appearance, but smell was the reason for my flight.

eew gross Too much information. I didn't need to know that :banned: On a side note I always found it amazing how smell unconsciously plays such an important part in female/male relationships.

neildarkstar wrote: I've always felt... grateful, I suppose... to those women who chose to share their time (and body) with me. Did you ever see my pic of Jan in the Skyrim screenshot thread?

Yes I remember that picture. I saw it when I first joined and was exploring the site. It must be kinda freaky playing a game using a character that looks like your ex. Must bring back all sorts of memories but I guess if you have her running around naked that those memories are of a certain type :biggrin:

neildarkstar wrote:The only way I find women repulsive is if they spent too many years on crystal meth, have a cleft palette, and an IQ less than Forrest Gump.

Ya crystal meth YUCK! It is so scary what that does to a persons face. Take a look at these before and after pictures of meth users taken by the police who kept on arresting them (if this doesn't scare you off of drugs then nothing will); http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/meth/body/faces.html I believe you can watch the show on the PBS website. I saw it a few years back and I'll never forget it.
PiNK PiPER

Postby neildarkstar » Sun May 26, 2013 1:37 am

Yeah, the smell of a person can be either exciting and enticing, or completely repulsive. Not to mention an indicator of general health.

Hah! I had her running around naked 'cuz that was her natural state (no pun intended). If she was at home, she rarely wore more than panties, if that much. I never really thought of her as an ex though. We were... two passing ships who shared a safe harbor for a time, then we each continued our separate journey. I've always had a habit of adopting stray puppies and homeless women. In fact, I remember one very nice young lady who lived with me for a couple of weeks, but I never learned her name. I don't believe she knew mine either, for that matter... :chinscratch:

To move on, I was thinking, since you brought up Asian preferences, what do you think of European women and hairy legs and armpits (not to mention facial hair)? In American culture, those things would tend to drive a prospective mate away... so how do we correlate or factor in such diverse factors with breast size? I had a niece (in law?) who was lovely, curvacious, full-breasted, and had a better mustache than I did as part of her Portuguese heritage (or so I presume). She always had difficulty with short-term relationships.
neildarkstar
Jac's Hero of the Day
Jac's Hero of the Day

Postby PiNK PiPER » Sun May 26, 2013 1:42 pm

Hair growth in women I believe is related to the chemical testosterone which relates to sex drive. Women with thicker longer and more more tend to have higher sex drives than women with fine thin hair. Body mass also has a strange effect on sex drive as well but I don't know why just that large overweight women tend to also have higher sex drives. With that being said facial hair on us ladies should look like peach fuzz but since your niece had dark hair on her lip then I would guess she had some sort of hormonal unbalance. I wonder if she had bad acne like teenage boys often do.

While shaving my legs and pits are a pain I do it because it makes me feel sexy and I know people are looking at them although I don't shave as much in the winter. I have seen pictures of the hairy armpits and legs and honestly it is no big deal to me. If I didn't feel I had to do it I probably wouldn't. Sex in Europr is a lot different than in America. Not that you're doing anything different but in that it is thought of differently. They have a more laissez faire attitude towards sex and life in general. Some men like it some don't I guess. I live in Montreal and Quebec is the most European place in North America. The fashion, the food and the language. We do see young French Quebec women here who don't shave but not as often as you would in Germany or France.

I do wonder why some woman like hair on a man and some don't. Personally I am in between a hair and a hard place :biggrin: Why is hair on a man's chest sexy but not on their back? Why is hair on a man's arm ok but not on his hands and finger nuckles? Why is hair on the legs ok but not on their asses?
PiNK PiPER

Postby neildarkstar » Sun May 26, 2013 3:09 pm

I believe my neice came by her hairy lip honestly... In her case, and most female members of her maternal family, it is what the Mayo clinic calls "idiopathic hirsutism", and is a result of their ethnicity. It's fairly common among women of Middle Eastern, Southeastern Asian, and certain European descents. Her side of the family was actually a mix of Portuguese and Basque, and it's very common with them.

The cultural aspects tend to be interesting. Native American men have very little facial hair, and it was (often is) customary for a man to pluck his beard, rather than shave, so that he doesn't look like a hairy old squaw (pardon my use of that term but it is what it is, eh?). Older Native American women often have more facial hair (and longer) than any man in the tribe. Of course that can vary from tribe to tribe, but it's true in a general sense. I've never been overly bothered by hairy armpits, but hairy legs tend to cause ripples in the force... at least for me. I would not fare well I presume in Italian, Greek, or Sicilian communities where hairy legs et al are presumably considered quite sexy.

I don't know if you've ever noticed, but there is also a tendency among African/African American women to develop this huge flat-topped butt that most African American men seem to find sexy. I can see it as being handy, 'cuz you could set a beer and a sandwich on that thing while she's standing there with little concern... I don't see the sex appeal there myself, but I have a bro who has to check it out in detail at every opportunity while muttering "Lookit that booty!" and yes, he's black. Make that "El Negro Grande" just to make him happy, eh? :)

I know it seems we have come far afield from the relatively simple issue of breasts and sex appeal. All things in the universe tend to be circular, and this thread is no different, really. Here we are at the beginning, where I say something ridiculous like... certain parts of the body, and differing aspects of said parts, serve no real function other than a cosmetic purpose designed to convince recalcitrant members of the opposite sex to want to mate with the individual in question.

Consider, other than feeding and attracting the opposite sex, is there really any use for breasts large or small, long sparse hair on a woman's legs that has no heat potential, or a butt that doubles as a snack tray? If I haven't offended everyone on earth yet, I'm certain I soon will, but what the hell. I ain't getting out of this alive in any case. :biggrin:

So, here's my proposition. Pick any region in the world, take a flat-chested woman with a full mustache and beard, hairy armpits and furry legs, and a butt that needs a tablecloth (all things considered sexy in one place or another), and pit her against an average woman who has no special physical qualities, is average in all respects, and see which one has the better sex life.

I think that the one who is generally more appealing to a wider variety of mates because her attributes stand out in the particular region she inhabits will fare better in the reproductive sense. There really is no purpose that I can detect in those previously mentioned attributes other than to attract a mate, and if it doesn't work, those traits will die out. In a sense, everything in life is a competition, I suppose. The real question, is "Who's doing the judging?". If it's that Simon guy, we're all screwed, eh?

:biggrin:
neildarkstar
Jac's Hero of the Day
Jac's Hero of the Day

Postby PiNK PiPER » Sun May 26, 2013 5:34 pm

There is a group of aboriginals in Canada called the Metis http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M%C3%A9tis_people_%28Canada%29 I learned in school that they were a mix of French and NA Indians but as I just read English and Scottish anglophone men also mated with NA Indian women. And why not I guess. Anyway I find the Metis men to be VERY attractive. They have high cheek bones and a long square jaw with black as night hair... yum!

There are two schools of thought concerning the big booty enigma. One is they a wide hip sends the message that she can have many babies and won't die in childbirth and the other is that the fat hides there thin waist making it seen that they won't die in childbirth. It is probably a mix of the two.

"...certain parts of the body, and differing aspects of said parts, serve no real function other than a cosmetic purpose designed to convince recalcitrant members of the opposite sex to want to mate with the individual in question."

Well when you word it like this it sounds much more intelligent however I had to look up "recalcitrant" :facepalm: We humans do tend to over-emphasize the features that separate each gender. It is all a visual evolutionary process and my argument is that it was not always that way. When humans were nomadic and walking hunched over, females had smaller breasts but now that we live in villages, towns and cities and walking upright we have evolved bigger breasts. We had to develop bigger breasts otherwise you wouldn't get off the couch :biggrin: but who knows what evolution will turn out in the future now that women are working more and less often at home.
PiNK PiPER

Postby neildarkstar » Mon May 27, 2013 5:29 pm

I'd never heard of the Metis, and I'm always interested in things Native American. Thanks for posting that link.

Oh, and of course I'd get off the couch... How else am I gonna get to my bike? If I can't get to my motorcycle, I can't get to the pool hall, and if I can't get to the pool hall, then... I CAN"T GET TO THE POOL HALL! :o

That was frightening, for a second there, eh? :orcsword:
neildarkstar
Jac's Hero of the Day
Jac's Hero of the Day

Postby PiNK PiPER » Mon May 27, 2013 8:43 pm

lol yep well it looks like we burned this thread eh? I'll let you have last word if you post a pic of your bike :shades:
PiNK PiPER

Postby neildarkstar » Mon May 27, 2013 9:50 pm

I haven't any current pix online or on my 'puter, and I'm suffering from the same issue Elaura has... I can't find the damned cord to connect my camera so I can upload pix. I will find a way ASAP though...
neildarkstar
Jac's Hero of the Day
Jac's Hero of the Day

PreviousNext

Return to Beauty and Politics