Top ten Morrowind mods

Morrowind and Morrowind mod discussion. No adult content, please.

Re: Top ten Morrowind mods

Postby tealpanda » Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:08 pm

I never play without Better Bodies, Better Clothes, and Better Heads anymore. They are beyond lists in my opinion.

I don't keep a lot of mods active, but here's the short list that I always play with, in no particular order:
Join All Houses
Unique Banners and Signs
Persuasion Response Expansion
Key Replacer / Re-namer
Cult of the Clouds
Herbalism Lite
K_potion_upgrade
Save Skill Books
Soul Gem Replacer by Infectious Moon
Random Passive Cliffracers

And of course, the mods I made for myself and later released to the public.
tealpanda
Journeyman

Postby MadPauly » Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:06 am

Haven't played the game for a few years, though I recall never being without a few essentials...

Better Bodies - well, the vanilla ones could hardly be worse
    Necessities of Morrowind - I love my realism mods
    MGE - ooooh, pretty graphics!
    Shadows and Light - yes, I'm biased, but this was my favourite buildings graphics replacer
    Better Heads - again, cos they're just better
    Journal Enhanced, Combat Enhanced, Blocking Enhanced - and I'm sure there was another "Enhanced" but I'm buggered if I remember it
    MWSE
    Balmora Expanded - least, that's what I think it was called. Did what it said on the tin, anyway

Aside from those staples, I've lost track of the number of mods I've tried. Some are far more memorable than others (Children of the Night series, for example - pity about part 3) and some never really struck me (oh, look, yet another house mod).

Regards,
Pauly
MadPauly
Associate

Title: Generalissimo

Postby fable2 » Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:31 am

MadPauly wrote:Haven't played the game for a few years, though I recall never being without a few essentials...

Journal Enhanced, Combat Enhanced, Blocking Enhanced - and I'm sure there was another "Enhanced" but I'm buggered if I remember it

All the Enhanced mods, I think. Though there's a newer version of ME itself floating around. Nothing's been done with it in years, of course, since Aerelorn became one with the Bethsoft Overmind. Shame, since I really liked Journal Enhanced and Writing Enhanced. But ME doesn't play nice with MWSE in the long run.
fable2
Wolflore Staff

Postby Miserina » Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:04 pm

Really?

They work pretty well for me.

Mind, I do get occasional CTDs for no reason anyone can discern, but having looked over the logs for both I don't think there's any related conflicts.
Miserina
Journeyman

Title: Dea Tenebrarum

Postby fable2 » Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:09 pm

Miserina wrote:Really?

They work pretty well for me.

Together, ME and MWSE, plus mods for both? Which ME mods are you using?
fable2
Wolflore Staff

Postby Miserina » Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:58 am

Just Combat Enhanced at the moment. At times I've had all four of Aerelorn's mods going with no trouble though. I've never had a burning urge to write stuff down in the game, and I prefer the way the default game handles blocking anyway though, so I'm not using the others at present.

Pretty much any other mod I've ever found that was made for MWE but the first four is completely outmoded by something with MWSE or the MCP.
Miserina
Journeyman

Postby fable2 » Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:50 am

So you're using MWSE, as well?

I had numerous issues with both ME and MWSE running, and checked around the official forums. There were several claims that they didn't work well together--and when I removed ME, the crashes stopped. I was using Writing Enhanced and Journal Enhanced, though, so I can't speak to your experience.
fable2
Wolflore Staff

Postby Miserina » Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:12 pm

Yeah, I'm definitely crazy-absolutely using MWSE.

I'd be shocked if less than fifteen-twenty of my mods were dependent on it.

Not the MGE version either, because my graphics card doesn't work so I haven't got any shader model access. :/
Miserina
Journeyman

Postby Chthonian » Sun Jan 15, 2012 8:58 am

1. Playable Dremora
2. Animation Compilation
3. Better Books
4. Better Skulls (I'm a big skull collector)
5. Souly Soulgems
6. Shiny Septims
7. K Potion Upgrade
8. NOM
9. Morrowind Trading Cards
10.Morrowind Toy Shoppe

I generally like mods that make things look better or mods that add more stuff to collect. When it comes to MW, I'm a hoarder, lol.
My Portable House Mod For Morrowind: http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=38722
Chthonian
Associate

Postby LaceyHeartily » Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:21 pm

I was looking up some of the body mods suggested, and was also trying to find "Smoother Bodies." I had found a mod called Bodies of Morrowind, and it needs the use of Smoother Bodies along with Better Bodies. I've been trying to find something that will smooth out the meshes in the bodies. Anyone have suggestions for that? It sounded like one that should be in the top ten list.
LaceyHeartily
Associate

Location: My brain is always in naughty places, or thinking about my man. That also means naughty places. :D

PreviousNext

Return to Morrowind